2016 recruits

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 recruits

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu May 28, 2015 4:34 pm

Noskowiak has issues. Not sure what they all are but they exist.
HandDownManDown

Postby TBC Alum » Thu May 28, 2015 5:25 pm

Interesting, because according to one article:
the early favorite is current Iowa State assistant coach T.J. Otzelbeger, who returned to the program from Washington earlier this spring

Thus, I see Noskowiak staying put. Others? Who knows.

I was also intrigued by the comments about Greggg's chances of landing at ISU.

Source: http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... thibodeau/
TBC Alum

Postby marquette jay » Thu May 28, 2015 6:47 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:Noskowiak has issues. Not sure what they all are but they exist.

Having just graduated from Marquette (keep up with MU blogs just like BJU and some of the MU bball staff) and living with someone from Sun Prairie who is family friends with the Noskowiaks, the kid has A TON of baggage. Had a turbulent senior year. Came on strong but then left the basketball team out of nowhere and it came out he moved in with his uncle. He said he had depression and had to take time for himself (false). Soon thereafter said he never said he had mental issues and his dad was spreading that around. Then tweeted out that he was being abused by his father and had to get out and move in with his uncle (was not abused). The real story is that he failed multiple drug tests and would have been suspended had he continued playing so he bounced before he could be disciplined. While Wojo did all he could to help Nick, it was clear he was a headcase and both sides agreed to part ways.

......long story short, if/when Hoiberg leaves for Chicago, Creighton would be very foolish to make a play at Noskowiak, plus he committed to ISU mainly for Otzelberger so he'll probably stay anyway.
marquette jay

Postby taa71458 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:58 pm

Nick is not someone we want. There's a reason Marquette released him.
taa71458

Postby Jet915 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Rashad Muhammad (Shabazz brother) has gotten release from San Jose State. Has heard from Wake, Louisville, USF, Creighton and Minnesota.

Quick research, has decent stats. Doesn't have a great FG% (37%) but does shoot about 38% career from 3. His low FG% might be him taking alot of bad shots on a horrible team (San Jose State) that didn't beat 1 division 1 team all year. Also is a great FT shooter (80%). The one thing I love about him is he's a 6'6 G. Something we aren't use to. When he initially announced, it was rumored that he was gonna go to a PAC-12 team but his current list doesn't have one on it which is odd (unless SJSU said he couldn't go to a PAC-12 school). Would have to sit out a year and have 2 years left.
Jet915

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:58 pm

Jet915 wrote:Rashad Muhammad (Shabazz brother) has gotten release from San Jose State. Has heard from Wake, Louisville, USF, Creighton and Minnesota.

Quick research, has decent stats. Doesn't have a great FG% (37%) but does shoot about 38% career from 3. His low FG% might be him taking alot of bad shots on a horrible team (San Jose State) that didn't beat 1 division 1 team all year. Also is a great FT shooter (80%). The one thing I love about him is he's a 6'6 G. Something we aren't use to. When he initially announced, it was rumored that he was gonna go to a PAC-12 team but his current list doesn't have one on it which is odd (unless SJSU said he couldn't go to a PAC-12 school). Would have to sit out a year and have 2 years left.

He'd be a nice versatile player. He played a bit of PG in HS and is a guy who can get his shot even when the D is keying on him. I think his shot percentage would definitely flourish in our system -- I agree that his low FG% has to do with him having to take a lot of shots on that SJS team.
Chicagojayfan

Postby vivid_dude » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:40 am

When Creighton is on the recruiting trail, do our coaches emphasize the COST of attending Creighton? For instance, if it's down to Creighton and Wichita State, would we ever say "It costs $12,000 to attend and live at WSU; it's almost $40,000 at CU. If you're 50/50 on which school you want to play basketball at for the next four years, ask yourself what is the better investment for your future."

I'm sure the quality of education is a selling point. Is cost? Just wondering if anybody has insights or educated guesses about how prominent that would be.
vivid_dude

Postby ictjay » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:08 am

vivid_dude wrote:When Creighton is on the recruiting trail, do our coaches emphasize the COST of attending Creighton? For instance, if it's down to Creighton and Wichita State, would we ever say "It costs $12,000 to attend and live at WSU; it's almost $40,000 at CU. If you're 50/50 on which school you want to play basketball at for the next four years, ask yourself what is the better investment for your future."

I'm sure the quality of education is a selling point. Is cost? Just wondering if anybody has insights or educated guesses about how prominent that would be.

As much as we all understand the value of a CU education, I'm guessing its not a huge factor with the majority of our recruits. Sad but true. Baseball is another story. Unfortunately it works against us there.
I'm sure all the coaches work that angle with the parents and they love hearing that, but in the end, I'm guessing not a game changer.
ictjay

Postby cujaysfan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:10 am

yugo vs ferrari

cujaysfan

Postby burmano » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

vivid_dude wrote:When Creighton is on the recruiting trail, do our coaches emphasize the COST of attending Creighton? For instance, if it's down to Creighton and Wichita State, would we ever say "It costs $12,000 to attend and live at WSU; it's almost $40,000 at CU. If you're 50/50 on which school you want to play basketball at for the next four years, ask yourself what is the better investment for your future."

Or it could be used negatively against Creighton in recruiting. Such as, "Listen kid, Coach Mac has a history of asking his players to come off scholarship and walk-on. When you are a senior and Coach Mac takes you off scholarship, do you want your parents to have to pay $40k in order to stay?"
burmano

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting