2016 recruits

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 recruits

Postby BoarCommaThe » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:57 pm

burmano wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:When Creighton is on the recruiting trail, do our coaches emphasize the COST of attending Creighton? For instance, if it's down to Creighton and Wichita State, would we ever say "It costs $12,000 to attend and live at WSU; it's almost $40,000 at CU. If you're 50/50 on which school you want to play basketball at for the next four years, ask yourself what is the better investment for your future."

I'm sure the quality of education is a selling point. Is cost? Just wondering if anybody has insights or educated guesses about how prominent that would be.

Or it could be used negatively against Creighton in recruiting. Such as, "Listen kid, Coach Mac has a history of asking his players to come off scholarship and walk-on. When you are a senior and Coach Mac takes you off scholarship, do you want your parents to have to pay $40k in order to stay?"

That happened with one player; his son.
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby burmano » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:08 pm

BoarCommaThe wrote:
burmano wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:When Creighton is on the recruiting trail, do our coaches emphasize the COST of attending Creighton? For instance, if it's down to Creighton and Wichita State, would we ever say "It costs $12,000 to attend and live at WSU; it's almost $40,000 at CU. If you're 50/50 on which school you want to play basketball at for the next four years, ask yourself what is the better investment for your future."

I'm sure the quality of education is a selling point. Is cost? Just wondering if anybody has insights or educated guesses about how prominent that would be.

Or it could be used negatively against Creighton in recruiting. Such as, "Listen kid, Coach Mac has a history of asking his players to come off scholarship and walk-on. When you are a senior and Coach Mac takes you off scholarship, do you want your parents to have to pay $40k in order to stay?"

That is not entirely true.

Also, I am not in any way trying to criticize coach mac. I am just playing devil's advocate of how CU's cost could work against us in a dirty recruiting scenerio.
burmano

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:40 pm

burmano wrote:
BoarCommaThe wrote:
burmano wrote:

Also, I am not in any way trying to criticize coach mac. I am just playing devil's advocate of how CU's cost could work against us in a dirty recruiting scenerio.

What "history" of asking that are you talking about? Who else has he "asked" to come off scholarship and walk-on, taken off scholarship, and asked parents to pay $40k in order to stay?
Outlaw_Wales

Postby ictjay » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:01 pm

Quote "

burmano Posts: 21Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:59 pm

Dude, they could also say Coach Mac doesn't let his players wear clean underwear. Parents wouldn't like that one. :o
ictjay

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:10 pm

Aren't we asking Groselle to give up his schollie too? I get the price tag on MBA courses is lower, but still.
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby R Jay » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:14 pm

McKinney's Neighbor wrote:Aren't we asking Groselle to give up his schollie too? I get the price tag on MBA courses is lower, but still.

No. If we would have brought another recruit in he would have, but with Woods choosing Wake Forest it appears that the 2015 class is probably complete, barring Rashad Muhammad choosing to transfer to Creighton from SJSU.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby burmano » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:19 pm

That happened with one player; his son.[/quote]

Also, I am not in any way trying to criticize coach mac. I am just playing devil's advocate of how CU's cost could work against us in a dirty recruiting scenerio.[/quote]

What "history" of asking that are you talking about? Who else has he "asked" to come off scholarship and walk-on, taken off scholarship, and asked parents to pay $40k in order to stay?[/quote]

GG
burmano

Postby R Jay » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:23 pm

burmano wrote:That happened with one player; his son.

Also, I am not in any way trying to criticize coach mac. I am just playing devil's advocate of how CU's cost could work against us in a dirty recruiting scenerio.[/quote]

What "history" of asking that are you talking about? Who else has he "asked" to come off scholarship and walk-on, taken off scholarship, and asked parents to pay $40k in order to stay?[/quote]

GG[/quote]
Again, he could, but we didn't/haven't brought anyone else in for next year so he's still on scholarship.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby cujaysfan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:24 pm

R Jay wrote:
burmano wrote:That happened with one player; his son.

GG[/quote]
Again, he could, but we didn't/haven't brought anyone else in for next year so he's still on scholarship.[/quote]

i doubt that's accurate
cujaysfan

Postby burmano » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:28 pm

GG[/quote]
Again, he could, but we didn't/haven't brought anyone else in for next year so he's still on scholarship.[/quote]

I guess my entire point was to bring up the fact that 40k in tuition might not be a good thing like people think. I had no intention of getting on the scholarship topic, so that was a poor choice on my part to use it as an example in the tuition topic. However, since we are on topic, while GG might end up on scholarship next year, that does not mean Mac did not ask him to walk-on. It just means Mac did not fill the spot, and GG gets to keep it as a result.
burmano

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting