Kale Abrahamson

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Kale Abrahamson

Postby Duke1Agn » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:30 pm

Just announced he's transferring from Northwestern. I know we recruited him pretty heavily in HS. He'd have two years left.

Played in all 33 games for NW this year and started 11. However, I'm not sure we take a very hard look given the pieces we have returning/coming in at his position.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Re: Kale Abrahamson

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:49 pm

Would assume that he'll end up at a mid-major school. Collins is trying to take that team up a notch or three talent wise, and Abrahamson surely had a limited role in those plans.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby LJay » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:56 pm

I watched a few of their games this year. No diss on the kid as he is pretty good but he would do well in the MVC or some such. If CU is going to take a transfer with this last ride I am thinking it needs to be a pretty athletic kid and preferably an immediate eligiblity transfer to help now.

If CU can land such a player I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility to be where Providence, Marquette, St. John's et al were this year battling for an NCAA berth and sneaking in or just out into the NIT.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby ICBluejays » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:22 pm

i was shopping today and i was discussing CU basketball with the salespeople, when one of their salespeople brought up this kid's name and they claimed he was going to CU.

I had never heard of him so I just shut up. I see that he was from west des moines. FWIW.
ICBluejays

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:28 pm

Played limited minutes at NW, not gonna find anytime here unless he wants to be a walk-on IMO.
Jet915

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Some people will be interested. The coaching change hurt him I think, as he was supposed to be the Shurma scorer in the old offense. He's a long player, decent athlete and a shooter from outside. Top 150 player as a recruit.

We recruited him pretty hard out of HS as his skill set fits what we like to do. I don't know if he fits with what we need on our roster, but he's a legit player and I can think of more than a few BE teams that could use an additional shooter to get out on the floor, for instance. As a plus, he's played in the B10 so he won't be shocked by big and fast guys across from him.

I guess he's 3 to play 2 with one of the 3 being used by his transfer.
Chicagojayfan

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:55 pm

would think Drake/UNI
hilltopalum

Return to Recruiting