2014 PF Jackson Davis

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 PF Jackson Davis

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:13 pm

If someone is leaving the program or walking on, it won't be so Davis can get a scholarship. Evan Daniels just tweeted that "Jackson Davis is down to Alabama, Butler and Rice, per his mom Ginger Davis."

He looks like a good player. Hope he goes to Alabama or Rice, so we don't face him in league play. Personally, I think Huff would help more than Davis for years 2 and 3 A.D., assuming we can land a quality 2015 PF/C or two (not that we'll necessarily land Huff). Huff's not as proven as Watson, but he had a really nice Sophomore year in MWC play.

I know the folly of basing too much on ratings, but most every '15 guy the staff's been following is rated higher than Davis, and we seem to be in decent shape with at least a couple of big guys.
Last edited by Bluejay Bilas on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby hilltopalum » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:13 pm

Mom says we're out. Rumors are Butler, Rice and Alabama.
hilltopalum

Postby Jet915 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:24 pm

hilltopalum wrote:Mom says we're out. Rumors are Butler, Rice and Alabama.

Wow, that sucks. Wish they would have given us a chance. I agree that Huff would probably be better overall but he can't help us next year. I think we are thin at PF with just Hegner (I see Artino and Hanson sharing the 5). I know we have LGIII but I think his game is better suited as a wing. Oh well...hopefully he chooses Butler.
Jet915

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Jet915 wrote:

Wow, that sucks. Wish they would have given us a chance. Oh well...hopefully he chooses Butler.

Based on the recent pieces and tweets, it just doesn't sound like our staff was pushing this nearly as hard as the Alabama and Butler coaches. Guessing the Davises weren't sure how truly interested Florida was, either. Not typical to put a new C-USA coach, a semi-struggling second year guy, and a definitely struggling Anthony Grant ahead of Billy Donovan. The Vandy thing is a little puzzling, unless either Vandy wasn't as interested or their lead recruiter was the assistant who just left for VCU (hope that hurts their recruiting a bit vis a vis Creighton, as they've been chasing a lot of the same players- of course they still have Yanni Hufnagel, who is a major recruiting force).
Last edited by Bluejay Bilas on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby Jet915 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

Wow, that sucks. Wish they would have given us a chance. Oh well...hopefully he chooses Butler.

Based on the recent pieces and tweets, it just doesn't sound like our staff was pushing this nearly as hard as the Alabama and Butler coaches. Guessing the Davises weren't sure how truly interested Florida was, either. Not typical to put a new C-USA coach, a semi-struggling second year guy, and a definitely struggling Anthony Davis ahead of Billy Donovan. The Vandy thing is a little puzzling, unless either Vandy wasn't as interested or their lead recruiter was the assistant who just left for VCU (hope that hurts their recruiting a bit vis a vis Creighton, as they've been chasing a lot of the same players- of course they still have Yanni Hufnagel, who is a major recruiting force).

I agree, it might have been that we cooled off a little. All these schools did in home visits with them this week while we, Vandy and ASU did not. I guess we'll never know for sure.
Jet915

Postby LJay » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:37 pm

I predict Alabama. He'll want to play closer to home. Rice has been out for some time and Butler, who was his first visit, would likely have happened before now.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jet915 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:39 pm

It would be funny if he chose Rice. That can't happen too often.
Jet915

Postby Duke1Agn » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:53 pm

Butler commit. Stinks that we didn't get to have him on campus, but glad he stayed in the Big East.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby Jet915 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:15 pm

Glad he stayed in the Big East as well. Will be interesting to see how he develops. Good for him.
Jet915

Postby mredle » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Jet915 wrote:Glad he stayed in the Big East as well. Will be interesting to see how he develops. Good for him.

Nice thing about Butler is Indianapolis is close enough to his home that his family will have an easy time getting to games.
mredle

Previous

Return to Recruiting