2014 G/F Ricky Kreklow (Transfer Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2014 G/F Ricky Kreklow (Transfer Commit)

Postby Jet915 » Wed May 21, 2014 1:14 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:Without really factoring in Gilmore/Harrell (perhaps Kreklow coming -- and staying healthy -- allows one or both of them to r.s. to bulk up, have 2 years to play with Mo/Huff, etc.):

Gilmore does not need time to "bulk up". He already has a nice frame with decent strength and isn't afraid of contact - ready to play at the D1 level. Harrell definitely needs to add weight and strength, but with his stroke and size he'll also be able to make an immediate impact. I would rather our coaching staff not redshirt either true freshmen as both are very talented players with the potential to be high impact players next season

I agree, we might need Harrell's shooting next year and Gilmore's athleticism and D. I don't think we have the luxury of redshirting top 150 players next year.
Jet915

Postby R to the OB » Wed May 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Jaysker12 wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:Without really factoring in Gilmore/Harrell (perhaps Kreklow coming -- and staying healthy -- allows one or both of them to r.s. to bulk up, have 2 years to play with Mo/Huff, etc.):

Gilmore does not need time to "bulk up". He already has a nice frame with decent strength and isn't afraid of contact - ready to play at the D1 level. Harrell definitely needs to add weight and strength, but with his stroke and size he'll also be able to make an immediate impact. I would rather our coaching staff not redshirt either true freshmen as both are very talented players with the potential to be high impact players next season

I agree, we might need Harrell's shooting next year and Gilmore's athleticism and D. I don't think we have the luxury of redshirting top 150 players next year.

To that point, I think game experience is very important, more so than just participating in practice.
I think getting Harrell and Gilmore out on the court early would be huge in their development.
Besides, we now look like more of a competitive team with Kreklow, why not put their talent to use this season?
R to the OB

Postby AttyAlum » Wed May 21, 2014 1:56 pm

Jet915 wrote: As for Kreklow, I can't imagine him paying to play the 4.

I can't imagine Mac would promise a walk-on recruit that he will not be playing a particular position.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed May 21, 2014 2:03 pm

AttyAlum wrote:
Jet915 wrote: As for Kreklow, I can't imagine him paying to play the 4.

I can't imagine Mac would promise a walk-on recruit that he will not be playing a particular position.

This is such a silly argument anyway...playing the 3 or the 4. It doesn't matter in our offense and defensively he will cover the man that the coaches feel he matches up against best given the players on the floor for both teams.
TrueBlueJay

Postby BoarCommaThe » Fri May 23, 2014 12:58 pm

Ricky was just on with Nick Bahe. He is definitely going to be able to fill that elder statesman role that Grant has had for us these past two years. He was very polished, mature, and had a contagious personality that I think the team is going to enjoy having around.
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby Dundee Hipster » Fri May 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Did Kreklow and Gibbs get separated at birth? They seem identical.

Bahecast: http://www.stationcaster.com/player_ski ... &f=2844253
Dundee Hipster

Postby LJay » Fri May 23, 2014 3:29 pm

That was PHENOMENAL!
89 - 60
LJay

Previous

Return to Recruiting