2017 Aguek Arop Omaha South (San Diego St Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 Aguek Arop Omaha South

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 am

meh - we did it with AY and Dotzler

that's the game nowadays
cujaysfan

Postby Jaysker12 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:36 am

Duke1Agn wrote:Isn't this kid like a Freshman? Nice to see Miles working hard for verbal commitments out of 15-year old kids.

I'll raise you Justin Patton, Huskers.

Tough to say how exactly hard Miles was working, but I know we've given offers to freshmen that we would have loved to see commit to CU
Jaysker12

Postby Duke1Agn » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:40 am

Jaysker12 wrote:
Duke1Agn wrote:Isn't this kid like a Freshman? Nice to see Miles working hard for verbal commitments out of 15-year old kids.

I'll raise you Justin Patton, Huskers.

Tough to say how exactly hard Miles was working, but I know we've given offers to freshmen that we would have loved to see commit to CU

I know. That comment was intended to be slightly tongue-in-cheek.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:44 am

taa71458 wrote:We didn't want him anyways

I know you are joking, but we had not offered him.

Best of luck to the kid.

This season may have the most amount of talent in the Omaha area in a long time.
Last edited by AttyAlum on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby ictjay » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:51 am

AttyAlum wrote:
taa71458 wrote:We didn't want him anyways

I know you are joking, but we had not offered him.

Best of luck to the kid.

A lot can happen/change in 3 years.
ictjay

Postby Trifecta » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:12 am

Whatever, our coaches had cooled on him anyways. We definitely backed off him to go after better prospects
Trifecta

Postby b-jay fan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Maybe I am missing something and the comments were a bit more tongue in cheek than I was reading (much can be lost in translation over message board communication), but I would appreciate it if we would hold ourselves to a bit higher standard than we currently are with regard to constantly needing to one up the team from Lincoln if something goes right for them. Great for them, they got an in-state recruit. I don't follow this all close enough to know whether we had in fact cooled on this prospect, but that being said, we don't need to lower ourselves to their level saying we were going after "better prospects"--we are going after different prospects. I hope the state of Nebraska turns into a much more fertile recruiting ground than it has been in the past, and as of right now, it seems to be heading in that direction. There were many years where the state did not have a high D-1 prospect. Now, we have several at a time. This is great news for Creighton.
b-jay fan

Postby jayball » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:41 pm

I think the italics mean that they are "quoting" UNL fans from past recruiting battles where CU landed a kid they were going after.
jayball

Postby R to the OB » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:50 pm

What I don't understand is why a coach would put in a ton of time getting a commit from a player that wouldn't step on the floor for at least two years. I would rather focus on players for this year and next rather than two years or more down the road. How would a coach know that a player wouldn't de-commit in a year and end up signing somewhere else? He wouldn't. Just seems like a waste of time this early on. Maybe Miles and his staff didn't put in much to get Arop to commit, but probably not.
R to the OB

Postby 1620Jay » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:00 pm

R to the OB wrote:What I don't understand is why a coach would put in a ton of time getting a commit from a player that wouldn't step on the floor for at least two years. I would rather focus on players for this year and next rather than two years or more down the road. How would a coach know that a player wouldn't de-commit in a year and end up signing somewhere else? He wouldn't. Just seems like a waste of time this early on. Maybe Miles and his staff didn't put in much to get Arop to commit, but probably not.

It's not a bad thing to get in on prospects early. My guess is Arop's commitment hasn't had any impact on Nebraska's class this year. It didn't stop Miles from doing work to pick up a commit from Andrew White.
1620Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting