2017 Aguek Arop Omaha South (San Diego St Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 Aguek Arop Omaha South

Postby Oldfan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:41 am

If he’s a local kid and good enough to get offers from WSU and TX - it seems like we should have made some effort. I doubt Smart and Marshall would go after a 6’4” player that they plan on playing in the post. They have been much more successful coaches than Mac - I trust their eye for talent.
Oldfan

Postby LJay » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:17 am

I think we are mixing our Arop’s. I was referencing the kid at Prep. I think this list of finalists is for the kid from South. Smart and Marshall run completely different systems with athleticism and toughness trumping basketball skills and shooting. Like it or not ( many here do not) these kids are WSU type kids and not CU type kids.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby ictjay » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:15 am

Akol is the younger brother. Haven't seen evidence anywhere that Texas has offered other than from his AAU coach.
ictjay

Postby Dr. Jay » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:34 pm

LJay wrote:I think we are mixing our Arop’s. I was referencing the kid at Prep. I think this list of finalists is for the kid from South. Smart and Marshall run completely different systems with athleticism and toughness trumping basketball skills and shooting. Like it or not ( many here do not) these kids are WSU type kids and not CU type kids.

So these kids are too athletic and tough for Creighton, got it.
My brother and I used to say that drownin' in beer was like heaven, eh? Now he's not here, and I've got two soakers... this isn't heaven. This sucks! Bob McKenzie
Dr. Jay

Postby Oldfan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:26 pm

I wonder how many Sweet 16’s Shaka and Marshall have been to compared to Gregg...maybe there is something to be said for some toughness.
Oldfan

Postby LJay » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:25 pm

Dr. Jay wrote:
LJay wrote:I think we are mixing our Arop’s. I was referencing the kid at Prep. I think this list of finalists is for the kid from South. Smart and Marshall run completely different systems with athleticism and toughness trumping basketball skills and shooting. Like it or not ( many here do not) these kids are WSU type kids and not CU type kids.

Really? Great comprehension there doc. If you think mid-sized guys who can’t shoot the ball are a fit at Creighton you must be watching a different team than I watch.

BTW, tough, athletic guys with a high Hoops IQ and can shoot go to Duke.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Dr. Jay » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:19 pm

LJay wrote:
Dr. Jay wrote:

Really? Great comprehension there doc. If you think mid-sized guys who can’t shoot the ball are a fit at Creighton you must be watching a different team than I watch.

BTW, tough, athletic guys with a high Hoops IQ and can shoot go to Duke.

Thanks I thought I caught what you were implying, and yes I do think they can play at Creighton.
My brother and I used to say that drownin' in beer was like heaven, eh? Now he's not here, and I've got two soakers... this isn't heaven. This sucks! Bob McKenzie
Dr. Jay

Postby Dr. Jay » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Dr. Jay

Postby Dr. Jay » Sun May 06, 2018 3:47 pm

Committed to San Diego St.
Dr. Jay

Re: 2017 Aguek Arop Omaha South (San Diego St Commit)

Postby Gmorrowfan » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:51 am

nice article in paper out here about Aguek Arop and his potential status for his senior year

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sp ... ntain-west
Gmorrowfan

Previous

Return to Recruiting