Kerwin Latroy Roach

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Kerwin Latroy Roach

Postby IndianaJay » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:20 pm

Per Twitter. Coach McDermott called from Creighton with a scholarship #GoJays
IndianaJay

Re: Kerwin Latroy Roach

Postby IndianaJay » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:34 pm

North Shore High School, Houston, Texas. 6'3"170 lbs Junior Graduates in 2015.
13-14 Varsity Basketball
GP P/G Ast/G Reb/G Stl/G Blk/G
36 16.1 1.7 5.3 1.3 .3
IndianaJay

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:35 pm

This guy is another player that is exploding on the scene after a big July. Combo guard from Houston, TX. Offers from Texas, Rice, Houston, Wichita State, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Tulsa, TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Georgia State, Marquette, Louisiana Tech, Florida State, Fresno State, Memphis and others.
Jet915

Postby ictjay » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:43 pm

I mean this in all seriousness. Read somewhere awhile back on how many (more than most by a long shot) schollies
CU has put out there for 2015. I'm starting to believe it.
ictjay

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Bossi, on Kerwin Roach.

https://creighton.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1663830

CG Kerwin Roach (2015): It's hard to believe that a player as talented as Roach can make it this far into his recruitment without much hype when he is from a city as heavily scouted as Houston. Rivals.com saw him in the spring and had no idea that he would turn out to be this good. Now, everybody is lining up to say they knew he was a high major prospect all along and for the most part (save for a few exceptions) they are using revisionist history because almost nobody was touting him. All of that aside, Roach has arrived as a prospect and is a top 50 player (at a minimum) in the rising senior class. Athletic, great instincts and he is always attacking and has serious upside.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby R to the OB » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:17 pm

ictjay wrote:I mean this in all seriousness. Read somewhere awhile back on how many (more than most by a long shot) schollies
CU has put out there for 2015. I'm starting to believe it.

Cannot give the staff enough credit for all the work they put in. I wasn't sure that they could duplicate their achievements this spring... getting Mo, Cole, and Ricky (to walk-on, mind you)... I'm sure now.
As for Kerwin, it sounds very similar to Justin's situation. Going from an unknown to a top 100 prospect virtually overnight. I wonder how close he is with Lee Lee?
R to the OB

Postby HandDownManDown » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:27 pm

I'll be floored if there is any reciprocation, frankly. It's a free for all to be sure but the love he'll get from the big schools will drown everyone else out.

It'd take a pretty special kid to listen to someone like us; we need to be early on guys like this, and we're not.
HandDownManDown

Postby R to the OB » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:30 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:I'll be floored if there is any reciprocation, frankly. It's a free for all to be sure but the love he'll get from the big schools will drown everyone else out.

It'd take a pretty special kid to listen to someone like us; we need to be early on guys like this, and we're not.

Right. I strongly doubt we'll make his cut.
R to the OB

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:23 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:I'll be floored if there is any reciprocation, frankly. It's a free for all to be sure but the love he'll get from the big schools will drown everyone else out.

We have been recruiting him for awhile. Just because we didn't make an offer until now does not mean we were not following him or talking to him previously. He does come from the same area as Gilmore.

He does seem pretty excited about our offer on twitter for whatever that is worth. Maybe Leon can help us out here?
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby ictjay » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:23 am

Jays not on final list.
ictjay

Return to Recruiting