2015 IA G Marlon Stewart (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 IA G Marlon Stewart (Signed)

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:27 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
LJay wrote:I watched and Marlon is a fine player. I'm still waiting for us to recruit a player with Harstad's Fire; no knock but Marlon isn't that guy, low key.

Khyri has a definite edge to him.. so does Watson although he's been here a year already. Also, I thought I saw some of that fire from Groselle in the GT lost.

Next year, I think Watson will be our leader on the court and vocally as well.
Jet915

Postby Jaysker12 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:37 pm

Marlon reminds me of a guy that can just go and get your team a bucket. Similar to AY? Obviously won't be doing that sort of thing on the regular as a freshman, but I think as a 4 year player he projects to be quite valuable for us. In terms of players that were completely off the radar, don't know how many better players there were for the coaching staff to nab
Jaysker12

Postby jays911 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:35 am

Jet915 wrote:
Chicagojayfan wrote:
LJay wrote:I watched and Marlon is a fine player. I'm still waiting for us to recruit a player with Harstad's Fire; no knock but Marlon isn't that guy, low key.

Khyri has a definite edge to him.. so does Watson although he's been here a year already. Also, I thought I saw some of that fire from Groselle in the GT lost.

Next year, I think Watson will be our leader on the court and vocally as well.

From what I hear, he was the leader this year already.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby section202jay » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:14 am

Groselle has that fire. Groselle was staring down Josh Smith and really having a go at him.

Can't wait to see Marlon.
section202jay

Postby jfan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:06 pm

Marlon named first team all-state in Iowa 4A by Iowa sportswriters. Congratulations to Marlon!!
jfan

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:18 am

When I watched him in Minnesota, I saw the same lack of off-ball ability. It seemed like their game plan was to get the ball to Cortezz and let him shoot. Marlon also had an off-day unfortunately, so I didn't see a whole lot. But he's a strong guard with good quickness and handles. There's plenty to work with there.
JacobPadilla

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:49 am

JacobPadilla wrote:When I watched him in Minnesota, I saw the same lack of off-ball ability. It seemed like their game plan was to get the ball to Cortezz and let him shoot. Marlon also had an off-day unfortunately, so I didn't see a whole lot. But he's a strong guard with good quickness and handles. There's plenty to work with there.

by lack of off-ball ability, do you mean he has trouble getting shots if he's not the point and doesn't have the ball in his hands? That makes it hard to slot him in as a point or a 2 for now.

Maybe that uncertainty is why we are looking at JUCO combo guards? That would let him have some time to develop and see if he's a 1, a 2 or a combo guy. Like you said, there's a lot to work with - he's a guy who won't have any trouble fitting in physically in the BE and he's got a good set of skills to build on.
Chicagojayfan

Postby JacobPadilla » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:43 am

Chicagojayfan wrote:
JacobPadilla wrote:When I watched him in Minnesota, I saw the same lack of off-ball ability. It seemed like their game plan was to get the ball to Cortezz and let him shoot. Marlon also had an off-day unfortunately, so I didn't see a whole lot. But he's a strong guard with good quickness and handles. There's plenty to work with there.

by lack of off-ball ability, do you mean he has trouble getting shots if he's not the point and doesn't have the ball in his hands? That makes it hard to slot him in as a point or a 2 for now.

Maybe that uncertainty is why we are looking at JUCO combo guards? That would let him have some time to develop and see if he's a 1, a 2 or a combo guy. Like you said, there's a lot to work with - he's a guy who won't have any trouble fitting in physically in the BE and he's got a good set of skills to build on.

As in I saw him doing a lot of standing and watching when he didn't have the ball. North Scott didn't seem to run many plays off ball for him.
JacobPadilla

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Jacob. Thanks for the clarifying post.

As you see - remarks can quickly be taken to differing tangents, depending on the prevailing notions of those responding. :o

Marlon is a great addition to the team and will be a very capable PG for the Jays.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:15 am

Scored 22 points as part of the Iowa All-Stars in a loss to the Ilinois All-Stars last night.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting