Conner Frankamp (Kansas Transfer, Wichita State Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Conner Frankamp (Kansas Transfer)

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:17 pm

I merely differ with your opinión. No doubt Connor is a shooter. Young Mr. Frankamp was slated by the HC at KU (his dream school) to get significant PT this season. After meeting with the Coach the kid quits his team-at his dream school? What happens here if he doesn't like how our coaching staff uses him?
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:51 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:I merely differ with your opinión. No doubt Connor is a shooter. Young Mr. Frankamp was slated by the HC at KU (his dream school) to get significant PT this season. After meeting with the Coach the kid quits his team-at his dream school? What happens here if he doesn't like how our coaching staff uses him?

He saw how Self ran the team's offense last year. No doubt he wasn't thrilled by running a joke of an offense where if there wasn't a post opportunity they'd stand around until someone charged the basket solo or chucked up a contested 3. In any case Self can get plenty of top athletes who'd rather drive and chuck than run a real offense.

That isn't Frankamp, though. He has great offensive skills and didn't want to waste them in that offense.
Chicagojayfan

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:47 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:I merely differ with your opinión. No doubt Connor is a shooter. Young Mr. Frankamp was slated by the HC at KU (his dream school) to get significant PT this season. After meeting with the Coach the kid quits his team-at his dream school? What happens here if he doesn't like how our coaching staff uses him?

How in the hell can you possibly know what Self told him?

If the coaches want Connor, I want Connor.
Last edited by AttyAlum on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Alphawalt » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:49 pm

I do not see Frankamp coming here, he does not want to come in off the bench, and he would never have a chance of being ahead of Watson, who is/will be one of the best PGs in the country, and if Zierden continues his current level of play, Frankamp would be behind him too.
Alphawalt

Postby Oldfan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:41 pm

FWIW, the Shocker fans seem pretty confident that he'll end up at WCC.
Oldfan

Postby mredle » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:47 pm

Notice that GTMO did not answer the question I asked about how Conner, as a freshman, did after playing sparse minutes in the regular season when he was pressed into playing major minutes in the NCAA tourney due to injury. That's because the young man scored 10 points in the 2nd round game and 12 points (on 4 for 7 shooting) in the third round.
GTMO
The young man may choose not to play at CU but let me just set the record straight. You don't disagree with my opinion. Rather if, as appears to be the case, the Jays have been pursuing Conner, your difference of opinion is with Coach Mac. That Coach Mac may want him at CU is still good enough for me.
PS. I love your new alias of "Alphawalt" very cute.
mredle

Postby TBC Alum » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Wow, so many comments about playing time next year when we are barely into this season. I wish I had your crystal balls. (Run with that entendre if you want.)

GTMO, you can be entertaining at times and I have been known to defend you a time or two. But I'm not sure where you are coming from on this one. Frankly, you're making some poor statements in regard to this situation. Keep drinking the Koolaid but walk away from this one.

I'm hoping we land the best players that match the program. I see a great player and a good match
TBC Alum

Postby LJay » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:01 pm

Oldfan wrote:FWIW, the Shocker fans seem pretty confident that he'll end up at WCC.

They're already two over the limit. I guess he could stay a walkon at WSU indefinitely since it probably costs a few hundred bucks per semester for classes. That's another reason to keep public schools out of the Big East.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Eye of the Jay » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:10 am

Let's not turn this into a negative when Conner being up for grabs is a positive more than anything. There is no doubt in my mind he will get the opportunities that he wasn't getting at Kansas. He will play and play quite a bit. If he's a guy who wants to be the star of his team and log 30+ min per game then CU isn't for him. He will get a solid 20-25 minutes per game and more if he proves himself in the system. More importantly he'll get an opportunity to shoot and show off his athleticism playing in an active offensive system that fits his skill set. To me it's a no brainer especially with the facilities fans and city but then again I'm not a 20 year old kid anymore and I'm sure this decision is trickier than that.
Eye of the Jay

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:40 am

AttyAlum wrote:

How in the hell can you possibly know what Self told him?

If the coaches want Connor, I want Connor.

Self was quoted in several KC news articles...if you like, read them.
Yes, Frankamp "carried" an inept KU in the dance. 2 games...
The new member is real, not an alias.

If we get him fine...we'll see if he is a system guy, or a "head case".
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting