2013 SF Semi Ojeleye (Duke Transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2013 SF Semi Ojeleye (Duke Transfer)

Postby R Jay » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:46 pm

Oh well. You win some. You lose some.
I still think we'll get a 2/3 with the last scholarship in the spring. Luckily, we appear to be very strong at the wing with Hegner, Gilmore, Huff and Krampelj at the 4, Huff, Milliken, Harrell, and Krampelj at the 3, and Zierden, Milliken, and Harrell at the 2.
A starting lineup of Watson, Zierden, Huff, Hegner, and Hanson still is a major improvement over this year's starters.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby taa71458 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:20 pm

LJay wrote:Going to play for a fossil who truly has as good a chance of being gone in so many ways than being there the kids entire career.

I'm not getting it. Didn't understand the Paterno angle either. Look how that ended up.

You don't get a kid not wanting to pay the Creighton tuition for a semester?
taa71458

Postby LJay » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:51 pm

Where did you get that?

I don't understand kids going to play for a 75-80 year old coach.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Duke1Agn » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:54 am

Semi's father is a doctor. I doubt his decision had anything to do with not being able to pay one semester's worth of tuition. Scholarship availability doesn't seem to be the reason he went to SMU to me.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby mredle » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:04 am

Duke1Agn wrote:Semi's father is a doctor. I doubt his decision had anything to do with not being able to pay one semester's worth of tuition. Scholarship availability doesn't seem to be the reason he went to SMU to me.

Maybe the kid liked the idea of saying that in his college career he played for two coaches, Coach K and Larry Brown.
mredle

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Any time you have the chance to get a top athlete like this you have to try to land them, but with the Huff transfer from last year, with Hegner playing and showing the potential he has, and with us landing Martin K, not to mention both Gilmore and Huff, we didn't need a 3/4 combo as much as some other things this year.

My priorities start with an athletic 2 who can play D across the 1,2,3 positions. We also need a pure PG to come in for the '16 class and probably need another big somewhere in there as well.
Chicagojayfan

Postby JacobPadilla » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:11 pm

LJay wrote:Where did you get that?

I don't understand kids going to play for a 75-80 year old coach.

Maybe he just liked the school, location, etc.? Not every decision is based solely on the coach.
JacobPadilla

Postby cujaysfan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:34 pm

except that i thought there was a quote somewhere (i wouldn't even begin to remember where to look) that this time around - it was going to be strictly a basketball decision for Semi - so i think the looking at the LB factor is legit (also not sure where zombie larry brown fits into the equation - that reality can only be days away, right?)
cujaysfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:Any time you have the chance to get a top athlete like this you have to try to land them, but with the Huff transfer from last year, with Hegner playing and showing the potential he has, and with us landing Martin K, not to mention both Gilmore and Huff, we didn't need a 3/4 combo as much as some other things this year.

My priorities start with an athletic 2 who can play D across the 1,2,3 positions. We also need a pure PG to come in for the '16 class and probably need another big somewhere in there as well.

If your priorities are shared by the staff, we can save the last 2015 scholie and get all 3 spots filled in 2016. Jays are looking at a reported 25 or so kids for 2016-PGs, SGs, and bigs, per Bluejay Banter.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Previous

Return to Recruiting