2013 SF Semi Ojeleye (Duke Transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2013 SF Semi Ojeleye (Duke Transfer)

Postby R Jay » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:26 am

ZMagic30 wrote:Well then. I would certainly have no problem with him transferring here. Can always use size/athleticism on the wing, especially since we only have one real 3 on scholarship next year. Or am I forgetting someone?

If we can't get a 3 with our next signee (or next two), then I wouldn't be surprised to see Cole start there next year, since he can play either the 3 or the 4 (which is apparently his more natural spot). If Milliken is on the team next year he will probably get minutes there, too. How many will depend upon Harrell's progress.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:54 am

I would honestly be shocked if he ended up here. I'd take him on the squad in a heartbeat (he would give us athleticism that we haven't had in forever) but I do feel it's a two horse race between K-State and Wisconsin.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:46 am

R Jay wrote:
ZMagic30 wrote:Well then. I would certainly have no problem with him transferring here. Can always use size/athleticism on the wing, especially since we only have one real 3 on scholarship next year. Or am I forgetting someone?

If we can't get a 3 with our next signee (or next two), then I wouldn't be surprised to see Cole start there next year, since he can play either the 3 or the 4 (which is apparently his more natural spot). If Milliken is on the team next year he will probably get minutes there, too. How many will depend upon Harrell's progress.

Our 3's and 4's look to be pretty versatile.. or maybe more accurately, our 3's are pretty flexible. Cole can play the 4 as well. Harrell could play the 2 as well. Milliken is likely more of a 2. Martin coming in is 3 who could potentially play 4. I still think LGIII can be a 3 sometimes as well.

Hegner isn't a 3, but he's already played the 5 a few times this year in small lineups and is likely to do so more in the future and we have a set of long athletic types who can fit in different ways on the floor.

A guy like Semi would add another great piece of the puzzle for us. It will be interesting to see where he feels he has the best shot. It would be great if we could get a visit and show him around -- we have a lot to offer: playing time, relatively close to home, playing on national TV just about every game, huge and packed stadium.
Chicagojayfan

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:Martin coming in is 3 who could potentially play 4.

Ahhhh, that's who I forgot about. Couldn't remember if he was coming in as a 3 or a 4. Still a mystery man.
ZMagic30

Postby R Jay » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Martin is an interesting case. I think he comes in with the expectation of playing immediately. He's already 20, so I doubt he is going to stay 4 years like Grant did. How long he stays will depend how fast he adjusts to Mac's system and builds his body, of course, the faster he does this, the more time he's on the court. If he adjusts slowly, I think he stays 2-3 years, but if he explodes next year I bet he jumps to the pros (wherever it might be USA, Europe, China, etc. as long as the money is good).
Of course, if we bring in a top flight transfer like Ojeleye that will change dramatically what happens with Martin.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby TrueBlueJay » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:43 pm

R Jay wrote:I think he stays 2-3 years, but if he explodes next year I bet he jumps to the pros (wherever it might be USA, Europe, China, etc. as long as the money is good).
Of course, if we bring in a top flight transfer like Ojeleye that will change dramatically what happens with Martin.

This made me chuckle.
TrueBlueJay

Postby mredle » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:42 pm

We do have versatile 3s. But next year's starter at the 3 (drum roll please) will be Cole Huff, from time to time he will slide over to the 4 for Toby. Backups will be Ronnie (who will also see time at the 2) Martin (who may also see time at the 2) and Leon (who will also see some time at the 4. When people say that Cole is more at home at the 4, that's probably true because that is where he played as a freshman and sophomore at Utah State but he is trying to develop the 3 skills recognizing that will likely be where he needs to play at the next level.
mredle

Postby fritzpointer » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Why would someone who went to school at Nevada play for Utah State?
fritzpointer

Postby R Jay » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:17 pm

fritzpointer wrote:Why would someone who went to school at Nevada play for Utah State?

Playing for just one school was too easy.
R Jay

Postby Hunter » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:12 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:
R Jay wrote:I think he stays 2-3 years, but if he explodes next year I bet he jumps to the pros (wherever it might be USA, Europe, China, etc. as long as the money is good).

This made me chuckle.

You and me both.
Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting