Poll: Akoy Agau, where is he going?

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Where is Akoy going?

Creighton
4%
Nebraska
56%
UNO
21%
Anywhere else
19%

Total votes : 57

Re: Poll: Akoy Agau, where is he going?

Postby R Jay » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Duke1Agn wrote:I find it really interesting that he's visited two conference brethren, Marquette and Georgetown, yet he and our staff have zero interest in bringing him to Omaha.

I don't. We didn't have a need at the 4 in the first place, particularly a 4 that can't stretch the floor. When you consider his attitude toward Creighton in the past, it really shouldn't come as a shock that our staff wasn't interested in bringing him in.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby skywalker » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:06 pm

He has had zero playing time for a reason...
We are who we are. It's all in the fine tuning that we distinguish ourselves.
skywalker

Postby Duke1Agn » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:19 pm

I don't necessarily want him at Creighton. I think it's clear there are issues there, whether they are attitude related or otherwise. But he obviously has some natural ability. I just find it curious that he's looking at two other Jesuit schools in the same conference.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby R Jay » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:22 pm

Well, Georgetown is losing Josh Smith this year and will need a 4/5 and Marquette, while they have Henry Ellenson and Matt Heldt coming in next year, will probably need to replace Ellenson after he leaves next year.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Duke1Agn » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:28 pm

He's headed to Georgetown, per ESPN.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:56 am

Duke1Agn wrote:He's headed to Georgetown, per *NebraskaHSHoops.
JacobPadilla

Postby Jaysker12 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:50 am

What is this kid thinking? He's not gonna find much more PT at Georgetown, unless he was in the doghouse with Pitino (didn't seem like it judging from his comments). He's not better than Copeland. G'town has both a PF and a C committed for the '15 class, and they'll have a leg up on Agau in terms of experience in Thompson's system by the time he's eligibile in 2016.

Don't really understand how he's deluded to the point of believing a second blue chip program was what he needed to find success. Go somewhere you can find good PT and actually expand your game, past the tired old phrase "has potential"
Jaysker12

Postby JacobPadilla » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:40 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:What is this kid thinking? He's not gonna find much more PT at Georgetown, unless he was in the doghouse with Pitino (didn't seem like it judging from his comments). He's not better than Copeland. G'town has both a PF and a C committed for the '15 class, and they'll have a leg up on Agau in terms of experience in Thompson's system by the time he's eligibile in 2016.

Don't really understand how he's deluded to the point of believing a second blue chip program was what he needed to find success. Go somewhere you can find good PT and actually expand your game, past the tired old phrase "has potential"

He's applying for a medical redshirt for this year stemming from the sports hernia. If he gets it, he'll be eligible for next season. Georgetown really wanted him out of high school and they wanted him now.
JacobPadilla

Postby slaw » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:06 pm

:o :o :o :o
slaw

Postby ZMagic30 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:33 pm

The kid that was too good for Creighton is back at the first school that didn’t play him.
ZMagic30

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting