D1 transfer, juco or frosh?

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: D1 transfer, juco or frosh?

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:14 pm

A talented frosh SG:
Khyri, Ellison, Walton, or other über athletic and 6-3+.
No jucos, no transfers.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby mredle » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:
Rodman wrote:I believe we will be getting a juco guard...

We do need some immediate help at guard, but I hope that (a) it will be someone able to contribute much more consistently than Brooks, (b) it's not someone who takes nearly a year and a half plus a suspension to contribute, like Milliken. Not sure we want to be a frequent landing spot for Jucos, but maybe I'm alone in thinking that way.

Milliken didn't take a year and a half to contribute. Milliken signed when everyone assumed that Grant Gibbs was done. Gibbs was given the 6th year (AARP scholarship) eligibility and so they opted to do the redshirt so they had him to "contribute" rather than burn a year as GG's back-up band.
mredle

Postby mredle » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:
Rodman wrote:I believe we will be getting a juco guard...

We do need some immediate help at guard, but I hope that (a) it will be someone able to contribute much more consistently than Brooks, (b) it's not someone who takes nearly a year and a half plus a suspension to contribute, like Milliken. Not sure we want to be a frequent landing spot for Jucos, but maybe I'm alone in thinking that way.

Milliken didn't take a year and a half to contribute. Milliken signed when everyone assumed that Grant Gibbs was done. Gibbs was given the 6th year (AARP scholarship) eligibility and so they opted to do the redshirt so they had him to "contribute" rather than burn a year as GG's back-up band.
mredle

Postby Jeremyhauer » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:23 pm

After watching Milli recently. I've wobdered what last years team would have looked like with him instead of Gibbs. Milli definitely has some attributes that last years team could have used.
Jeremyhauer

Postby Jeremyhauer » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:43 pm

There is 1 scholly open as of now. Others have speculated about another opening. I wanted to throw out Big Red. He graduated in Dec and has had injury issues. Just a couple of names I've recently heard linked with Creighton.

Khyri Thomas - I personally don't think this will happen. I think it would have already happened if it was going to.

Malique Trent - JUCO guard. Averaging over 15 pts/gm over 40% from 3. Offered after fought start to conference season. JUCOs are supposed to contribute immediately.

Ricky Council - Prep school guard, Long, offered by Providence. Creighton has been in to see him recently.

Feel free to add other names. i personally feel like it might be Trent. He went for 26 last night and I think Creighton was in attendance. I'm excited to see how it plays out.
Jeremyhauer

Postby mredle » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:20 pm

Jeremyhauer wrote:There is 1 scholly open as of now. Others have speculated about another opening. I wanted to throw out Big Red. He graduated in Dec and has had injury issues. Just a couple of names I've recently heard linked with Creighton.

Khyri Thomas - I personally don't think this will happen. I think it would have already happened if it was going to.

Malique Trent - JUCO guard. Averaging over 15 pts/gm over 40% from 3. Offered after fought start to conference season. JUCOs are supposed to contribute immediately.

Ricky Council - Prep school guard, Long, offered by Providence. Creighton has been in to see him recently.

Feel free to add other names. i personally feel like it might be Trent. He went for 26 last night and I think Creighton was in attendance. I'm excited to see how it plays out.

Typically juco's take some time to adjust to the game at the D1 level (See Booker Woodfox for example). There are of course exceptions. (I can't remember the PG MVP of the JUCO national tournament from the College of Southern Idaho that the Jays were after who went to Baylor and started from day 1).
mredle

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:39 pm

mredle wrote:
Jeremyhauer wrote:There is 1 scholly open as of now. Others have speculated about another opening. I wanted to throw out Big Red. He graduated in Dec and has had injury issues. Just a couple of names I've recently heard linked with Creighton.

Typically juco's take some time to adjust to the game at the D1 level (See Booker Woodfox for example). There are of course exceptions. (I can't remember the PG MVP of the JUCO national tournament from the College of Southern Idaho that the Jays were after who went to Baylor and started from day 1).

Pierre Jackson? He was pretty amazing to watch
Chicagojayfan

Postby mredle » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:50 pm

That's the guy. I kept thinking Paris and not Pierre. That just led me into trouble.
mredle

Postby fritzpointer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:40 pm

I would agree with Rodman on this. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby section202jay » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:08 am

I loved me some Pierre Jackson. That guy was a beast. Kind of turnover prone but he was great his senior season at Baylor.

We could use help at almost any position next season. I could see the need for a 6'3" guard but also another big man.
section202jay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting