D1 transfer, juco or frosh?

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: D1 transfer, juco or frosh?

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:23 pm

Duke1Agn wrote:Plus, Khyri Thomas is still available. I'd be interested to hear what the status surrounding his recruitment is.

Given the number of names, he may not be close enough to qualify and may be going JUCO. Adding a JUCO would mean we could slot him in after a year or two. I'm not sure, but the Prep school may require that he goes 2 years to JUCO rather than just one.

I like him and still hope he ends up in Omaha
Chicagojayfan

Postby Ethanfor3 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:40 pm

Duke1Agn wrote:
HandDownManDown wrote:Krampelj is filling a role that is really our biggest need: a shooting big man who can make an immediate impact. Hopefully he is game ready

I'd argue that if Hegner can improve his rebounding a bit in the offseason, he fills the above role. Krampelj is more of a SF. He's 6'8" but is mobile and athletic enough to play the 3. That's the beauty of next year's roster. We have the ability to put out a huge lineup if we want.

5 - Groselle - 7'0"
4 - Hegner - 6'10"
3 - Huff - 6'8"
2 - Harrell - 6'7"

We've never had height like that.

You're forgetting a 6'9" Zach Hanson and a 6'8" Leon Gilmore as well.

This team is looking up if we can find a slasher to break the defense down off the dribble.
Ethanfor3

Postby mel ott » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Ethanfor3 wrote:
Duke1Agn wrote:
HandDownManDown wrote:Krampelj is filling a role that is really our biggest need: a shooting big man who can make an immediate impact. Hopefully he is game ready

I'd argue that if Hegner can improve his rebounding a bit in the offseason, he fills the above role. Krampelj is more of a SF. He's 6'8" but is mobile and athletic enough to play the 3. That's the beauty of next year's roster. We have the ability to put out a huge lineup if we want.

5 - Groselle - 7'0"
4 - Hegner - 6'10"
3 - Huff - 6'8"
2 - Harrell - 6'7"

We've never had height like that.

You're forgetting a 6'9" Zach Hanson and a 6'8" Leon Gilmore as well.

This team is looking up if we can find a slasher to break the defense down off the dribble.

As well as a 6' 11"guy named Patton! We shall see if he can play right away but man is he long and seems to handle the ball and pass better than our current bigs. Size, he does bring!
mel ott

Postby section202jay » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Yeah with losses of Brooks, Chatman and the unknown of Zierden I really think we need another guard. We have a ton of height going into next season. It'd be nice to find a guy to compliment Watson, Milliken and Stewart. Because excluding Clement those are our guards.
section202jay

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:43 pm

section202jay wrote:Yeah with losses of Brooks, Chatman and the unknown of Zierden I really think we need another guard. We have a ton of height going into next season. It'd be nice to find a guy to compliment Watson, Milliken and Stewart. Because excluding Clement those are our guards.

Another SG would be nice.

PS: Ronnie Harrell is also a guard (SG).
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby CUJAYFANATIC » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:54 am

If Leon does not get back on the floor due to his injury and resulting surgery can he earn a Medical for this year? My understanding is that we would not know until his senior year. Is that also correct?
CUJAYFANATIC

Postby LynchMob » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:46 pm

CUJAYFANATIC wrote:If Leon does not get back on the floor due to his injury and resulting surgery can he earn a Medical for this year? My understanding is that we would not know until his senior year. Is that also correct?

I believe if you play in the second half of the season (which Leon did) you are not 'normally' eligible for a hardship year, but I don't know if there are exceptions to this or how common they are.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:50 am

LynchMob wrote:
CUJAYFANATIC wrote:If Leon does not get back on the floor due to his injury and resulting surgery can he earn a Medical for this year? My understanding is that we would not know until his senior year. Is that also correct?

I believe if you play in the second half of the season (which Leon did) you are not 'normally' eligible for a hardship year, but I don't know if there are exceptions to this or how common they are.

typically, it is less than 1/3 of the games played and none after the midway point of the season. Like you said, there seems to have been exceptions to this in the past, but I'm not sure what could happen here.

Leon does have a RS year available still, and 3 more years of eligibility, but he has a lot to work on as well. Hopefully he gets healthy and can get to work on his skills for next season.
Chicagojayfan

Postby fritzpointer » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:53 pm

One name I have seen a few times come up on twitter that we have looked a is Austin Pope. He's a 6'6" ptg from Northern Idaho JC. I don't know if he has an offer or not. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby fritzpointer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:30 am

The coaches are sure looking far and wide for recruits. One name that has kept coming up the last week is Thomas Akyazili from Belgium. He is visiting St. Johns this week end and then Colo. next. The Jays and Utah are also in the mix. Thomas is a 6'2" g. The little bit of film I've seen is Thomas would be a huge get for CU. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Previous

Return to Recruiting