2015 PG Traci Carter (Marquette Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2015 PG Traci Carter (Marquette Commit)

Postby R Jay » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:27 pm

We offered Carter a 6'1 PG from Philadelphia today.
Last edited by R Jay on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Re: 2015 PG Traci Carter

Postby Duke1Agn » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:32 pm

This doesn't make much sense, unless the staff views Stewart as more of a combo guard. We will have two PGs plus a walk-on PG on the roster already next year.

He does look like a good player, though. Has a bunch of good offers.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby R Jay » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:34 pm

Duke1Agn wrote:This doesn't make much sense, unless the staff views Stewart as more of a combo guard. We will have two PGs plus a walk-on PG on the roster already next year.

He does look like a good player, though. Has a bunch of good offers.

I'd agree on this.
Another explanation is that the staff wants another talented shooter, which apparently Carter is, in case Zierden either doesn't return or takes longer to return than anticipated.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby mredle » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:40 pm

I think it makes good sense to go after Carter. Next year we have Watson and if get Carter we have two freshmen point guards behind him. How freshmen react moving from high school to D-1 is always uncertain that first year, so they are a bit of an insurance policy in terms of depth at the position. Mac has also demonstrated that he likes having multiple passers on the floor at the same time and the kid is a shooter.
mredle

Postby Jeremyhauer » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:05 pm

His stock is rising. A couple of recruiting services will have him in their final rankings. I saw an article where he mentioned he would like to visit Creighton, but also saw an article not long after where Creighton wasn't on his list for recruiting him the "hardest". He's also a Philly PG And I've seen Mo Watson have some interaction with him on Twitter.

Seems like a lot of activity with Carter, Dillard, Trent and 1 scholly left.
Jeremyhauer

Postby Hunter » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:16 pm

Let's get this guy!
Hunter

Postby slaw » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:37 pm

Offered by UConn
slaw

Postby section221jay » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:01 pm

mredle wrote:I think it makes good sense to go after Carter. Next year we have Watson and if get Carter we have two freshmen point guards behind him. How freshmen react moving from high school to D-1 is always uncertain that first year, so they are a bit of an insurance policy in terms of depth at the position. Mac has also demonstrated that he likes having multiple passers on the floor at the same time and the kid is a shooter.

I'm not sure how many insurance policies you can afford with 13 scholarships.

You pretty much know Mo Watson is going to start and be pretty decent next year. You know you have a true frosh that will back him up...I'd wait til next year before adding another.

The jays are small enough. I don't know that adding another 6'1" PG is the ideal situation. And having multiple 6' guys on the court at the same time is not probably a good idea in the big east.
section221jay

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:21 pm

section221jay wrote:

You pretty much know Mo Watson is going to start and be pretty decent next year. You know you have a true frosh that will back him up...I'd wait til next year before adding another.

The jays are small enough. I don't know that adding another 6'1" PG is the ideal situation. And having multiple 6' guys on the court at the same time is not probably a good idea in the big east.

Good post. With one scholie left officially, it seems that a talented, long, athletic SG is the priority. Jays are on several (6-3 to 6-5 SGs) in Dillard, Ellison, Walton, Kyrie, and Council. One of these guys would be a big boost at the SG and for the roster.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Duke1Agn » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:26 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
section221jay wrote:

Good post. With one scholie left officially, it seems that a talented, long, athletic SG is the priority. Jays are on several (6-3 to 6-5 SGs) in Dillard, Ellison, Walton, Kyrie, and Council. One of these guys would be a big boost at the SG and for the roster.

I suppose I'm not entirely sure why they are going after Carter either given the two scholarship PG's we already have on next year's roster. But, he's a good player with an impressive offer list, and I sure as heck wouldn't complain if he wanted to come to CU.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Next

Return to Recruiting