2015 F Alex O'Neill (Walk-on Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2015 F Alex O'Neill (Walk-on Commit)

Postby fritzpointer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:53 pm

Welcome to CU Alex. Should be some exciting years. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby RVB » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:03 am

Bluejays add walk-on center from Illinois

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/bluejays ... f0764.html
RVB

Postby Chicagojayfan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:51 am

Given that he's close to Bradley and they offered, their board had some good info:

- very young for his age, just 17 now and turns 18 in August
- Some were trying to convince him to re-state his class and go the Prep School route to get more attention
- Has been growing all through HS and may not be done yet (going from the 6-8 or 9 that he is now to 6-10 or 11 would take him up a level in terms of ability, IMO)
- He's a very good student (for us it means he would qualify for academic scholarships that would remain until he sees the floor for us)

http://bradleyfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23177
Chicagojayfan

Postby ictjay » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:59 am

Good news and welcome Alex. I will say this. Watch his footwork in the video's. I realize its not top notch competition but his footwork (pivoting etc ) is excellent and comes naturally. You never know.
ictjay

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:27 pm

if we're getting borderline D-1 talent to walk on, it would be cool if Daniel Tillo joined our scout team.

http://www.omaha.com/eedition/sunrise/a ... 43884.html

Echoing Ras Vanderloo, it's insane to me that not even a Summit League program has made an offer to Tillo.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby WBR Tom » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:51 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:Echoing Ras Vanderloo, it's insane to me that not even a Summit League program has made an offer to Tillo.

That is crazy. A player that won the state's Mr. Basketball, scored that many points against good competition, is well-schooled in the fundamentals, and is widely praised by opponents and teammates for his intangibles has zero D1 offers? It makes sense for Iowa and Iowa State to not be interested (or us, for that matter) if they don't think he's a high-major player, but man, you'd think a player like Tillo would be perfect for a mid-tier MVC team or Summit League program. He's practically the poster child for the type of player you win with at that level. Just spitballing here, but I wonder why Drake isn't interested?

On second thought, I answered my own question. It's Drake. Of course they aren't interested. :lol:

There's no indication either side is interested, but he'd be intriguing as a walk-on here. Good shooters that are also smart players are invaluable on the scout team.
WBR Tom

Postby section202jay » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:51 pm

Polyfro wrote:
Bluejay Bilas wrote:Echoing Ras Vanderloo, it's insane to me that not even a Summit League program has made an offer to Tillo.

That is crazy. A player that won the state's Mr. Basketball, scored that many points against good competition, is well-schooled in the fundamentals, and is widely praised by opponents and teammates for his intangibles has zero D1 offers? It makes sense for Iowa and Iowa State to not be interested (or us, for that matter) if they don't think he's a high-major player, but man, you'd think a player like Tillo would be perfect for a mid-tier MVC team or Summit League program. He's practically the poster child for the type of player you win with at that level. Just spitballing here, but I wonder why Drake isn't interested?

On second thought, I answered my own question. It's Drake. Of course they aren't interested. :lol:

There's no indication either side is interested, but he'd be intriguing as a walk-on here. Good shooters that are also smart players are invaluable on the scout team.

Interesting why he has no offers from D1 schools. Certainly seems like a team like Drake or UNO should go after him. Not like he's 5-11 either. Kid is 6-5.
section202jay

Postby WBR Tom » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:51 pm

Looks like O'Neill is moving on according to a series of tweets this afternoon:

WBR Tom

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Bradley bound?
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby wildjays » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:58 am

Saw he committed to St. Cloud St.

White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Previous

Return to Recruiting