2016 G Dejon Jarreau (Transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 G Dejon Jarreau (Transfer)

Postby Kiewit Kiewtie » Mon May 22, 2017 3:06 pm

S16 will come when we outscore the other teams in the first weekend. :P
Kiewit Kiewtie

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon May 22, 2017 4:31 pm

I'd much rather get the talent and help we need for this season 1st. We will be deep next year (2018) and with 3 scholies (or more). We've played this long - play the cards... We have a great hand and may land both Tugs and Waters.

2018 will take care of itself. ;)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby vivid_dude » Tue May 23, 2017 8:36 am

Jet915 wrote:Jeremiah Jakee' Gray‏ @G_PaidInFull08 10h10 hours ago

A source close to former Mcdonogh 35 standout PG DeJon Jarreau, says Creighton is the frontrunner for him to transfer to this coming fall.

Dejon personally denied this from his own Twitter account. I don't find that to be very encouraging if this is the duo you are hoping for.
vivid_dude

Postby benbos » Tue May 23, 2017 10:31 am

As a Umass fan I can tell you Jarreau likes the Twitter attention more than any other player you have seen in a while. So he'll retweet anything with his name attached to it.

As a player he is very talented but inconsistent. In one game last year he almost had a weird triple double; double digits in points, assists, and turnovers. He was a turnover machine but part of that was him not used to the speed of the college game and making dumb passes. But many times he was the best player of the court and made some plays that showed why he was a 4* player. If he was not attached with Greshman, Jarreau would likely have offers from a lot more schools. Derrick Kellogg (Umass' recently fired coach) allowed a lot of freelancing on offence and let the players play in a structure that was very schoolyard style so Jarreau was able to do what he wanted.
Last edited by benbos on Tue May 23, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benbos

Postby Altman's Advisor » Tue May 23, 2017 10:48 am

benbos wrote:As a Umass fan I can tell you Jarreau likes the Twitter attention more than any other player you have seen in a while. So he'll retweet anything with his name attached to it.

Follow Maurice Watson Jr. and start scrolling through his timeline.
Altman's Advisor

Postby hilltopalum » Tue May 23, 2017 11:39 am

benbos wrote:As a Umass fan I can tell you Jarreau likes the Twitter attention more than any other player you have seen in a while. So he'll retweet anything with his name attached to it.

As a player he is very talented but inconsistent. In one game last year he almost had a weird triple double; double digits in points, assists, and turnovers. He was a turnover machine but part of that was him not used to the speed of the college game and making dumb passes. But many time she was the best player of the court and made some plays that showed why he was a 4* player. If he was not attached with Greshman Jarreau would likely have offers from a lot more schools. Derreck Kellogg (Umass' recently fired coach) allowed a lot of freelancing on offence and let the players play in a structure that was very schoolyard style so Jarreau was bale to do what he wanted.

Thanks for your insight. Makes sense from his stat-line, hopefully a year off, no matter where, will curb these holes in his game.
hilltopalum

Postby Eye of the Jay » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:15 am

Any word on the UMass duo? Really hoping we can get a commitment from the pair so that
1) we have strong practice players to push our guys this year
2) the cupboard doesn't seem quite so bare when Marcus leaves next year
As it stands right now we're about an 8-9 seed this year with potential for more if Kaleb Joseph steps up or the incoming freshmen make waves.
I'm worried about 18-19 tho. I know we'll have Khyri but point and frontcourt remain a worry of mine. Here's to hoping we land these guys and don't miss a beat after next year.
Eye of the Jay

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Dejon retweeted a reference to Omaha today. I haven't seen him making many comments or suggestions on his intentions, so while this is not groundbreaking, Earth-shattering news - I found it interesting. Unlike Tugs, he hasn't been doing much teasing on Twitter.

Best/only update I've seen lately, unfortunately.
vivid_dude

Postby Jaysker12 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:35 am

I am still fairly optimistic about our chances with these two. We offer an excellent spot for Dejon's friend to develop his game and become an anchor in the paint, great four year player-type. Dejon, obviously there's a lot of talent there and he could have more options if it weren't for this package deal that is being reported. A true PG with size would flourish in our up tempo game, and perhaps be able to contribute more on the defensive end than some of our past point guards (not knocking them by any means). Mac/Preston should be focusing their efforts on this duo. If we land them, come fall of '18, we will be fielding a lot of talent on the court.
Jaysker12

Postby yeti47 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:55 pm

3 big East team finalist. Creighton.....is one
yeti47

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting