2016 G Dejon Jarreau (Transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 G Dejon Jarreau (Transfer)

Postby cu8493 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:14 pm

Do we know for sure that Jefferson will be on athletic scholarship this year? Don't put me in the category of wild XX will give up his scholarship and walk on for his last year theories, but if we really do still have the possibility of landing the two, it could be that the agreement with Jefferson is pay his own way this year with a three year scholarship to follow. I believe current NCAA rules allow the school to provide academic scholarships for which he qualifies and also need based financial aid for which he would qualify while not counting against the scholarship limit as long as he does not participate in a varsity athletic contest. If he's a good student and is entitle to govt. financial need aid, the actual cost of a year might not be that much. That's one way to get around the seemingly scholarship shortage if we are still pursuing Jarreau and his buddy. Might have been a price he was willing to pay to come here, just as Kreklow was willing to pay his own way to come here. I know Jefferson is a commit and it is assumed he would be on scholarship from the get go, but is that official? If he is officially announced as a scholarship, well then in the infamous words of Rosanne Rosannadanna - Never mind.
cu8493

Postby fritzpointer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:30 pm

If Damien wanted a shot in the Big East that is one way it could be handled. As for Rosanne Rosannadanna she did have a way with words. I loved that show. Go Jays!
fritzpointer

Postby Ethanfor3 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:37 pm

ictjay wrote:These 2 dudes are Twitter kings, but absolutely 0 talk on basketball/school. Personally, I think they are CU's to lose, but getting them in school, schollies etc is taking some work.

The only thing that doesn't make sense in these scenarios at this stage is balance in the classes (only scholarship players listed)

2018 Senior class - Foster, Hegner, Suarez
2019 Senior class - Thomas, Harrell, Joseph
2020 Senior class - Krampelj, Mintz
2021 Senior class - Alexander, Epperson, Ballock (Transfers / potential transfers) - Jefferson, Jarreau, Gresham

2022 Senior class - Bishop +2 more

That would be a massive class that you would have to recruit to in 2021 to replace that group assuming none of them are leave early type players.

I guess it solves the problem of having to recruit 5 guys in the 2018 recruiting class though.
Ethanfor3

Postby ictjay » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Just tweeted "college decision soon, sorry for the wait." Still appears he is waiting on something.
ictjay

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:44 am

Is it safe to say that with the Bishop and Steere commitments, CU is likely out on Jarreau and Bresham? I know they don't play the same positions, and quality depth is great, but is the fit/availability there? I'm not very good at tracking these things.
vivid_dude

Postby Ethanfor3 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:33 pm

[/quote]
vivid_dude wrote:Is it safe to say that with the Bishop and Steere commitments, CU is likely out on Jarreau and Bresham? I know they don't play the same positions, and quality depth is great, but is the fit/availability there? I'm not very good at tracking these things.

Ethanfor3 wrote:
ictjay wrote:These 2 dudes are Twitter kings, but absolutely 0 talk on basketball/school. Personally, I think they are CU's to lose, but getting them in school, schollies etc is taking some work.

The only thing that doesn't make sense in these scenarios at this stage is balance in the classes (only scholarship players listed)

2018 Senior class - Foster (SG), Hegner(PF/C), Suarez (C)
2019 Senior class - Thomas (SG), Harrell (SF/PF), Joseph (PG)
2020 Senior class - Krampelj (PF/C), Mintz (PG)
2021 Senior class - Alexander (SG), Epperson (C), Ballock(SG) (Transfers / potential transfers) - Jefferson (SG/SF)
2022 Senior class - Bishop (SG/SF), Steere (PF/C) + 2 more

I edited my earlier post above for context, but it seems to me we still need to find 1 more (PF/C) type and 1 more (PG/SG)type to fill out the roster and get some balance.

Regardless if we somehow found a way to free up an extra scholie this year for the Jarreau / Bresham duo, we seem long on athleticism but light on shooting.

Peace
Ethanfor3

Postby ictjay » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:41 pm

Might not be a "duo" anymore.
ictjay

Postby #RollJays » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:19 pm

ictjay wrote:Might not be a "duo" anymore.

Source?
#RollJays

Postby LJay » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Duo visiting Houston per Rothstein.

This ship has sailed.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Jays26 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:07 pm

Having a hard time finding a place that will take both.

The dude is loyal to a fault it seems.
Jays26

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting