Switch to full style
Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.
Post a reply

Re: 2016 G Dejon Jarreau (UMass Commit)

Sat May 06, 2017 12:01 pm

vivid_dude wrote:I loved this guy's tape way-back-when. It looks like he had a solid, well-rounded freshman season at UMass. Averages of right around 10 points, 5 boards and 4 assists. He strikes me as a guy who could step into Marcus Foster's position pretty seamlessly for the 2018-2019 season after sitting out a year. I wonder if he'll take a similar path as Foster? Choosing elsewhere, and coming later.

I wonder if he and Brison Gresham are still a package deal? If so, would that hurt us with available scholarship openings?

As a native of Louisiana (though I haven't lived there since '01), I wouldn't rule out them returning "home" and possibly play for LSU and new HC Will Wade.

I haven't heard anything to suggest it--LSU basketball isn't something I follow closely the way I do LSU football and baseball, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what unfolded.

Re: 2016 G Dejon Jarreau (UMass Commit)

Tue May 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Creighton, UConn, Seton Hall, Auburn

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/auburn-uconn-after-pair-of-umass-transfers

Re: 2016 G Dejon Jarreau (Transfer)

Tue May 16, 2017 2:40 pm

I'm curious what everyone thinks.. would you rather have the duo of Jarreau and Gresham or get Waters and maybe save that extra schollie for 2018? I'm assuming Tugs is out of the picture, obviously. Who knows with him

Tue May 16, 2017 2:43 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:I'm curious what everyone thinks.. would you rather have the duo of Jarreau and Gresham or get Waters and maybe save that extra schollie for 2018? I'm assuming Tugs is out of the picture, obviously. Who knows with him

Waters.

Tue May 16, 2017 3:24 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:I'm curious what everyone thinks.. would you rather have the duo of Jarreau and Gresham or get Waters and maybe save that extra schollie for 2018? I'm assuming Tugs is out of the picture, obviously. Who knows with him

Would be nice to add all 3.

Tue May 16, 2017 3:29 pm

#RollJays wrote:

And how do you suggest we accomplish that with only 2 open scholarships?

Tue May 16, 2017 3:34 pm

That's easy. Waters.

Tue May 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Creigh_All_Day wrote:
#RollJays wrote:

And how do you suggest we accomplish that with only 2 open scholarships?

Obviously we can't. Not a big fan of leaving an open scholarship out there. Jarreau and Gresham are the type of athlete that we lack. But Waters is a big time talent. Would be nice to add another legit transfer option with him.

Tue May 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Being a native Louisianan I would love having Brison & LaDeeky at CU. However, they have to sit out this season - I'd take Waters and if need be an open scholie for 2018.

Should Waters opt to go elsewhere - grab the NOLA guys if we can.

Tue May 16, 2017 11:59 pm

We can leave open scholarships this year. We basically have all the players who will be in the rotation for next year. Stay with Waters and Tugs. Hopefully we pull Waters. Next year we will just have a spot for another Grad transfer AKA Mike Daum
Post a reply