TRANSFER: Keyshawn Woods (Charlotte)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: TRANSFER: Keyshawn Woods (Charlotte)

Postby Chicagojayfan » Thu May 21, 2015 12:05 pm

Duke1Agn wrote:
cu8493 wrote:[quote="Jet915]
Subscribe to the rivals site if you want to know some of these answers...[/quote]

That's pretty lame.

There is no deadline for a transfer and no commitment anywhere until he actually enrolls in class. So in a sense the deadline is whenever the school's enrollment deadline is. He has stated that he wants to make a decision and enroll for the second summer session so he can start training with the coaches at the school he chooses.

No Rivals subscription needed ;)[/quote]

Not lame at all. There's a whole lot more info over there than what you gathered from any public articles.[/quote]

I'm a big fan of what the Rivals guys are doing. They've been on top of a ton of great info during this transfer season in particular, and recommend that people sign up over there as they provide a good service.

That said, there isn't anything they have on transfer rules that isn't in the public domain. Transfers can come and go as they wish. However, the clock starts and stops with school enrollment. Hence, you see the rush for people to move in the fall BEFORE classes start, although some guys transfer after classes and sit out a semester (Echenique, Frankamp and Fischer, for example)

The only question for me is whether or not the summer international tourneys matter at all. They aren't actually playing a game that counts, so my guess is that players can come and go during and after those tourneys. However, once classes start it means a semester of eligibility for the player.
Chicagojayfan

Postby fritzpointer » Thu May 21, 2015 12:09 pm

I think the good folks at this site should get some money for all the rivals ads going on here. Back to Keyshawn I talked to some one close to the staff and he said Keyshawn planed to visit in June.
fritzpointer

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu May 21, 2015 12:45 pm

There's also a degree of (for lack of a better word) smugness on here in the commentary of the pay siders that I doubt they realize. Often they'll be talking about something that to fully understand you'd need a subscription, because important references are touched on without the facts being presented on here. It makes you think. WTF are they referring to? And when you ask they hit you with what can be seen as a dismissive "join the club and we will tell you" response.

That's what nonsubscribers find grating.
HandDownManDown

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:08 pm

Maybe that's because we actually can't talk about it. Heath makes it very clear what can and can't leave the board in order to keep healthy relationships with sources. If we went and leaked everything that he told us, the info would stop coming pretty quickly. That's why we suggest getting a membership over there - we seriously can't talk about some of the stuff on this board
ZMagic30

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu May 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Then don't. The problem is not the gag order, its people talking around it without saying anything specific.

And I say this as a subscriber.
HandDownManDown

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu May 21, 2015 1:23 pm

I think it's only fair to point out that this site does one heck of a job as well, and they provide information without a subscription. There are two great Creighton sports sites, and that's a good thing.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu May 21, 2015 1:51 pm

I totally agree with that. Not only is the info worth it, keeping a Rivals site going is great for the program.

But that doesn't change the frustration level with the people who aren't clued in on the conversation on this side. I once made an assessment on something that had I been a subscriber at the time I would have known was incorrect, and one guy who knew copied my post, started his response with "wrong" without saying why, then made a post based on his info that was not disseminated on here, leaving me to try and glean what the hell he was referring to. I about broke it off on him but figured it wasn't worth it.

I am just shedding light on it to make the people doing it aware of it, because it is irritating.
Last edited by HandDownManDown on Thu May 21, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HandDownManDown

Postby cujaysfan » Thu May 21, 2015 1:54 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:Then don't. The problem is not the gag order, its people talking around it without saying anything specific.

And I say this as a subscriber.

it's a bit of a murky area

people are fishing for info that is privately available to subscribers - so it's helpful (perhaps) letting interested fans know that there IS more out there - you're just gonna have to digl out a few shekels to get it

plus - there's almost complete crossover btw posters that are over there - and here

finally - it seems (to me at least) - that all of the operators (BJU, BJB, WBR) - seem to get along. so it's not a perrault situation where everyone (or anyone) is trying to either pump up or screw over one of the other sites.

the real winners are those of us that are consumers of Jay news and info

i'll conclude with this for the online sites:

BJU - easily the best discussions and message board for jay fans out there
BJB rivals - easily the best source for jay recruiting info out there (but of course i appreciate the great job hilltop does here/WBR as well)
WBR - easily the best reporting and articles on the jays out there
cujaysfan

Postby jayball » Thu May 21, 2015 2:06 pm

ZMagic30 wrote:Maybe that's because we actually can't talk about it. Heath makes it very clear what can and can't leave the board in order to keep healthy relationships with sources. If we went and leaked everything that he told us, the info would stop coming pretty quickly. That's why we suggest getting a membership over there - we seriously can't talk about some of the stuff on this board

Nothing against Banter subscribers but I call BS.

The payside is not some vault of privacy. The sources for the information published there are basically making information public as soon as they tell Heath or whoever. I think they know that well. Any tom dick and harry can learn something on Rivals and tell all of his friends. Its not 100% private secret information after it is posted there. The restriction on divulging information online basically serves to ensure Heath and (any Rivals site owner) get paid for they work they are doing. Why would anyone pay the subscription if all the information was free? If the coaches don' t want anyone to know about a prospect they won't divulge it or will ask Heath to sit on the information.

I agree it is annoying to have people constantly saying get a subscription. I'm sure they are doing nice work there but it doesn't me people here are prohibited from talking about recruiting. Joey provides updates from time to time and others post nuggets they find around the interwebs. If you have "secret" Rivals info fine, keep it to yourself and move on, but don't play the "I know something you don't know game" and imply that no one else is allowed to talk about recruiting unless you are a Rivals member.

As Chicagojays stated the transfer rule question is clearly not private or proprietary information.

Flashbacks to matt Perrault here, geez.
jayball

Postby cujaysfan » Thu May 21, 2015 2:09 pm

As Chicagojays stated the transfer rule question is clearly not private or proprietary information.

true - but at the time asked - the other part of the original question was about is he visiting and when.

i think that was why the OP was pointing to the rivals site - and i think the response was fair.
cujaysfan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting