2016 PG Shamorie Ponds (St. John's Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 PG Shamorie Ponds (Offered)

Postby ZMagic30 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:08 pm

ictjay wrote:
cu8493 wrote:Now that the side show is over, let's go get that 6'10" shooting guard discussed in another thread.

No visit in September and reading his latest "tweets", hope the interest is still there.

Why the hell are you so fixated on Siewert?
ZMagic30

Postby cu8493 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:53 pm

ZMagic30 wrote:
ictjay wrote:
cu8493 wrote:Now that the side show is over, let's go get that 6'10" shooting guard discussed in another thread.

No visit in September and reading his latest "tweets", hope the interest is still there.

Not sure if question was directed at me, but I don't think I have ever posted anything suggesting I was fixated on Siewert. For the record, my post was tongue in cheek - but I am not disheartened by Ponds going to SJ. Looking down the road, I think we have a bigger need for a talented shooter in the 6'5" to 6'10" range over a PG - who appears to be a pretty average shooter from the stats I have seen.
cu8493

Postby ictjay » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:16 pm

ZMagic30 wrote:
ictjay wrote:

Last 2016 on page 1 of the recruiting page. Interesting skills for a 6'10". Could be a good fit. Was quoted in last interview as having a Sept visit set up with Creighton. All quiet for the last month. Satisfied?
ictjay

Re: 2016 PG Shamorie Ponds (St. John's Commit)

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:36 pm

I wonder if college basketball staffs are allowed to contact recruits after they commit elsewhere for an "exit interview." What were the deciding factors? What could we have done better? What was the #1 thing that put us on your final 3 list? Etc. I doubt it, but I'd love to know why we are coming so close on some of these, but not sealing the deal.

As for Ponds, I wish him well personally, but if his parents were THAT concerned about the influences in his NY sphere of "friends," I worry how it might turn out. Those concerns don't typically go away unless you do.

One-half of the above paragraph is legitimate concern; the other half is sour grapes. At least I'm honest.

Good luck, Shamorie??
vivid_dude

Postby R Jay » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:41 pm

McKinney's Neighbor wrote:In any event, I bet the pumpers will be talking themselves into the JUCO PG that commits to CU in February.

What's this supposed to mean? There are plenty of quality guards in the transfer and JUCO markets. Four year players are a great commodity, but right now we're not hitting on the one's we're interested in.
I'd much rather take a high major player from the transfer or JUCO route who only has two years than a mid major four year guy.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby WBR Tom » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:49 pm

A couple of tweets that add some details:

WBR Tom

Postby slaw » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:41 pm

It's a little more reassuring to know that we were in 3rd place. Article stated that he was back and forth between SJU and PC
slaw

Postby taa71458 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:21 pm

slaw wrote:It's a little more reassuring to know that we were in 3rd place. Article stated that he was back and forth between SJU and PC

Yup. Good to know we're wasting time and resources when we are barely even being considered.
taa71458

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:47 pm

CU people were claiming all week that it was down to CU and SJU, and that doesn't appear to be the case.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/shamorie-p ... ll-effect/

Ponds admitted he went “back and forth” between St. John’s and Providence with his family.

“It was a big decision, we were going back and forth about that,” he said. “We came to the conclusion and picked St. John’s.”
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby HandDownManDown » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:29 am

R Jay wrote:
McKinney's Neighbor wrote:In any event, I bet the pumpers will be talking themselves into the JUCO PG that commits to CU in February.

What's this supposed to mean? There are plenty of quality guards in the transfer and JUCO markets. Four year players are a great commodity, but right now we're not hitting on the one's we're interested in.
I'd much rather take a high major player from the transfer or JUCO route who only has two years than a mid major four year guy.

Let them have their day in the sun. We struck out, and here comes the tidal wave. Predictable.

However, when Milliken or Albert blows up in a game, they'll be on here, shining that player's shoes.
HandDownManDown

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting