2016 PG Shamorie Ponds (St. John's Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 PG Shamorie Ponds (Offered)

Postby LJay » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:29 am

Providence just pledged a 2016 point guard.

Interesting times.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby SchlegelsPenthouse » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:23 am

LJay wrote:Providence just pledged a 2016 point guard.

Interesting times.

This is really interesting. When I read the article about his family wanting him to consider getting away from NYC, I thought for sure Providence was a lock since its out of town for him but still close. Now with Providence signing a PG I wonder how much this could help us look more attractive. We still will play in NYC enough for him between St. Johns, Seton Hall and the Garden, and now Mac can push this new PG against Providence's recruitment. I really thought we were a long shot here but this gives me a little hope. Coach Mac better be on the phone with him every day!
SchlegelsPenthouse

Postby minakirogue » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:18 am

Welp, here we go.

@AdamZagoria - "Shamorie Ponds will hold a press conference tomorrow at 2:30 per his coach Bud Pollard."
minakirogue

Postby wbjay » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:36 am

Help me understand here. Am I to assume that the 2016 PG that pledged to Providence is NOT Ponds?
wbjay

Postby minakirogue » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:51 am

Yep. That is someone else. 4* Maliek White committed to Providence. Ponds was reportedly down to Providence, SJ, and Creighton. The assumption is now that White pledged to Providence, Ponds is down to SJ and Creighton.

wbjay wrote:Help me understand here. Am I to assume that the 2016 PG that pledged to Providence is NOT Ponds?
minakirogue

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:02 pm

That and I don't think it would be too outlandish to infer that PC accepted White's acceptance - believing they still had a shot at Ponds.

If you thought you were truly in the hunt for a kid that talented - and that he is as close as he is to making a decision - I'd think you'd hold off on White. But then what the heck do i know.

Now - hopefully it's time to remove the bridesmaid tag on CU recruiting.
cujaysfan

Postby Sundeckers » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Do you hold a press conference in NYC if you're going to spurn the hometown school?

Maybe. But this is looking like St. John's, unfortunately.
"I'm playing for Rio Grande Short-Haul Trucking, Briggs and Brown Sanitation, First State Bank of Salome, Woody's Smokehouse... You think a guy like me bothers to worry about the percentages?"
Sundeckers

Postby PorkTornado » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Sundeckers wrote:Do you hold a press conference in NYC if you're going to spurn the hometown school?

Maybe. But this is looking like St. John's, unfortunately.

Harrison Barnes held a press conference in Ames and didn't pick ISU.
"I know words, I have the best words."
PorkTornado

Postby Sundeckers » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:04 pm

PorkTornado wrote:

To tell the world he was going to arguably the best basketball brand in the country.

I'm just saying it would be pretty surprising for a kid to show up in front of all his family/friends and NYC media only to tell them he was going to Omaha. Would love to be wrong in a big way.
"I'm playing for Rio Grande Short-Haul Trucking, Briggs and Brown Sanitation, First State Bank of Salome, Woody's Smokehouse... You think a guy like me bothers to worry about the percentages?"
Sundeckers

Postby TrueBlueJay » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:06 pm

Sundeckers wrote:
PorkTornado wrote:

To tell the world he was going to arguably the best basketball brand in the country.

I'm just saying it would be pretty surprising for a kid to show up in front of all his family/friends and NYC media only to tell them he was going to Omaha. Would love to be wrong in a big way.

Let's say he was picking Creighton, where would you think he would do a presser?
TrueBlueJay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting