2017 SG Mitchell Ballock (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SG Mitchell Ballock (Commit)

Postby Trifecta » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:33 pm

blueblood wrote:Which free board is the most used?

Well, this thread is a dumpster fire, so if that's what you are looking for: http://www.scout.com/college/kansas/forums/2481-hoops-talk/14533540-mitch-ballock

Some level headed takes, along with some blueblood program entitlement (just can't fathom why he would pick CU over KU), and just some stupidity. Some think he must have had an offer pulled, which is funny if ALL those programs pulled offers and CU was his only option. :lol:

Some funny Big East bashing, trying to compare Brennan Green to Korver or McDermott :lol: , even some good natured ribbing of Andrew White and Nebraska thrown in. It has everything a terrible thread needs!

On a serious note, welcome to the CU Family Mitch!
Trifecta

Postby hoopsjunkie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:50 pm

I don't want to get killed for this statement, but I actually do enjoy Kansas basketball and I can see why they are upset. They lost a kid in their own back yard to a program that isn't as strong as theirs.

With that said, I'm tickled that he chose CU. KU is still going to get 4-5 McDonald's All-American type players as they do every year. They don't need all the good players, and who better to swoop in and take him then the Jays!
hoopsjunkie

Postby whiteandblue77 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:53 pm

At least one of those entitled KU fans was smart enough to recognize the awesome East Coast cities and venues he'll be getting to play in in the Big East. This should be a surprise to nobody, if you are a midwestern stud from a smaller town would you rather play in NYC, Georgetown or Philly or ride the bench in Norman and Ames? Duh.
whiteandblue77

Postby WRAGGEBOMBS » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:43 pm

Hopefully he's the sharpshooter we've been missing since Doug and Ethan....Not saying anything bad against Toby or IZ but those guys didn't miss wide open 3s
WRAGGEBOMBS

Postby Jet915 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:00 pm

Nice scout article on how the Big East has elevated Creighton's recruiting.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1640915-creighton-taking-advantage-of-new-situation

He also has an insider ESPN article, anyone care to share?

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post?id=15029
Jet915

Postby Old MVC Days » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:25 pm

Such a great addition. Everyone maintain their patience with this program.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:40 pm

hoopsjunkie wrote:I don't want to get killed for this statement, but I actually do enjoy Kansas basketball and I can see why they are upset. They lost a kid in their own back yard to a program that isn't as strong as theirs.

With that said, I'm tickled that he chose CU. KU is still going to get 4-5 McDonald's All-American type players as they do every year. They don't need all the good players, and who better to swoop in and take him then the Jays!
that is somewhat the point... Self seems to have burned through several local kids, sharp shooters in favor of the McDs AAs. It appears the Francamp example may have impacted that type of thinking. There were more examples given. Found it interesting that the kid who was publicly admonished by BS is also that type of kid, maybe get 2 for 1? Why ride the pine at KU when you get to play at other bigtime schools? In state talent there may be taken for granted???
Waylon Van Smack

Postby Jaysker12 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:54 pm

Waylon Van Smack wrote:Why ride the pine at KU when you get to play at other bigtime schools? In state talent there may be taken for granted???

this + a million. So many guys rated in the 40's-60's end up at blue blood programs and average 8mpg for their career. At Creighton he'll immediately compete for a starting spot. Man what an exciting image in my mind right now - Foster running point with Ty-Shon and Mitchell at the wings. Exciting times for this program and a huge congrats to the staff!
Jaysker12

Postby CU4LIFE » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Really enjoyed this quote from a poster on that Kansas message board:

- But Creighton? Really? At 6'5, they might run him out at the Center position. He'll be lucky to ever see the NIT in 4 years. It certainly wasn't about winning. If it was about education, he could have gone to Stanford, who I believe offered him a scholarship. Style of play could have been a reason, but ISU and OU have proven to be excellent locations for 2 guards- far greater than anything Creighton has shown at the 2. It really sounds like he wanted to remain small town and he wanted to be an elite piece from day 1. Big whale, small fountain syndrome.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really hope Mitchell recovers from his shoulder surgery and dominates next year. Lots of talk on that board about being a "Plan B" option for Kansas, not sure why he was offered so early then... :roll:
CU4LIFE

Postby ictjay » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:52 pm

Don't need an excuse why he verbaled. No one backed off. Everyone wanted him. I noted earlier this was at least his 3-4 visit/game. Something was clicking. All the KC/Lawrence boys called last night shocked, today its like "congrats man, he can turn out to be a great player for your program".

'Through every dark night comes a bright day".
ictjay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting