2017 SG Mitchell Ballock (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SG Mitchell Ballock (Commit)

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:57 pm

whiteandblue77 wrote:Awesome! Yes, please send links Waylon.

it is the scout page linked above... Classic stuff. So full of themselves. Get outside of men's hoops to any other men's sport they are mid major level at best.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby jfan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:17 pm

Waylon Van Smack wrote:
whiteandblue77 wrote:Awesome! Yes, please send links Waylon.

it is the scout page linked above... Classic stuff. So full of themselves. Get outside of men's hoops to any other men's sport they are mid major level at best.[/quoteExcept football, where they are below mid-major level!!
jfan

Postby LJay » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:09 pm

hilltopalum wrote:
LJay wrote:Wasn't there a scholarship matrix here at one time? Perhaps that is on the W&B site itself? So many things happening it would be nice to see a matrix to keep it all straight.

Thanks for this! The only change that may occur is a successful redshirt application for Martin making him a freshman again next year.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby bluejaydano » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:38 pm

Patton will be a "Freshman" too next year right.
bluejaydano

Postby JayPak » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:49 pm

Groselle should be shaded yellow this year. Foster should be R-Jr in '17 and R-Sr in '18. Plenty of recruit names to add, like Chang in '18-19. Fine chart overall, though.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby RVB » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:58 am

By at least one measure, Creighton has one of the best recruiting classes in the nation

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/blog/by- ... 47be5.html
RVB

Postby JayPak » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:58 am

Great start! Three spots left in that class , hopefully they can be filled as successfully and the FINAL ranking can be #3!
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby JaysLifer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:28 pm

JayPak wrote:Great start! Three spots left in that class , hopefully they can be filled as successfully and the FINAL ranking can be #3!

I only maintain a passing interest in recruiting, so I can't say whether this is the case, but I wonder how much momentum plays into shaping a big class like we'll have after next year. It seems like the staff got Alexander and Ballock to commit rather early, which might theoretically give us some clout with other big names in the class (sell them on getting in on "something special"). I know our recruiting has been lackluster in recent years so we can't really look at our track record to see if this is actually the case. But, for those who follow recruiting on a more global level, do recruiting classes tend to be sparked by these kinds of early big-name signings? Or should we expect this to be the peak?
JaysLifer

Postby Old MVC Days » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:11 pm

I agree. Having a top 20 recruiting class even has to help in future pitches. Just saying you were that high would be valuable.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby JaysLifer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:29 pm

Old MVC Days wrote:I agree. Having a top 20 recruiting class even has to help in future pitches. Just saying you were that high would be valuable.

I would assume you're right. I suppose it could get the ball rolling to get good classes in the future. My question is more aimed at just filling out Alexander and Ballock's class. Don't these elite players all run in the same circles more or less? Is there a possibility that other players near their ranking will see this as an opportunity to put one hell of a product on the floor with a reliable cast already in tow? I'm not saying this could turn into a Kentucky-type class (or anything close to it), but I'm interested to see if this at least makes it easier to draw interest from other high-level guys in the 2017 recruiting class.
JaysLifer

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting