2016 CG Davion Mintz (Signed)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 CG Davion Mintz (Commit)

Postby ictjay » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:51 am

Wow! Athletic, loves to dunk, recruited by Yale, and the staff got him just at the right time. Sounds like his stock was just taking off big time. Good get!!!
ictjay

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:59 am

mredle wrote:Watch the video and you will see that he's athletic, sneaky fast (always gets to the corner first regardless of who is guarding him), good vision, passes well, good in traffic and is comfortable shooting with either hand.

And he's an appropriately-heighted guard for reality. :)

I'm impressed by the tape. Welcome aboard, Davion!
vivid_dude

Postby cu8493 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:39 am

I'm just glad he committed before 24/7 had a chance to predict him to CU. Welcome aboard Davion.
cu8493

Postby AttyAlum » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:15 am

Definitely a fan of his athleticism and size.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Duke1Agn » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:15 am

He had more major school offers than I realized.

Providence, Iowa State, Kansas State, Wichita State all offered, and it sounds like Georgia Tech, Nebraska and others were really picking up their recruitment of him as well.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby section202jay » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:23 am

Preston Murphy played a role sounds like?

Impressive.
section202jay

Postby OmahaGuy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:56 pm

1 thing that I'm really starting to like about our staff is that they seem to get under-the-radar players who may have gotten overlooked by other big schools or they see something in him and know they want to secure the kid NOW before he blows up. They keep them "under wraps". So while we may not have the sexiest recruiting classes, we at least have a coaching staff that knows how to develop players.
OmahaGuy

Postby Oldfan » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:50 pm

I think it's too early to say their finding of hidden talent is working. We haven't had any impact from a new high school kid in our 2 BE years, except Toby. Every recruit looks good on paper - remember the hype around Gilmore this time last year? The talent still needs to prove itself in real games. Hopefully, by this time next year we can confirm the HS kids have been good pickups.
Oldfan

Postby DEK » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:03 pm

Oldfan!!!! Finally someone who doesn't suffer from Creighton disease!! Thought I was the only one left!!!!

Don't you know who you are talking about? The same people who go on and on about how this depaul writer who is ranking the big east's best players by position is biased toward depaul players and is clueless because if he knew anything he would have Groselle in the top 5 of centers. :lol:

If you are looking for rational thoughts, you are in the wrong spot.

I am optimistic about this season and looking forward to what we do on the court but this idea of every guy we sign who we don't have a lot of stiff competition for being a diamond in the rough simply has just not played out in reality...it is easy to convince yourself of that though, because this is, after all, Creighton and anyone our coach signs is awesome (until he redshirts and then transfers or plays in 4 games and then transfers) because we are the best (despite the majority of Coach Mac's previous recruiting history suggesting the exact opposite)!!!!!

Hope Davion is a good player, but will reserve crowning him a diamond in the rough until he doesn't redshirt and then transfer to northwest state junior college
DEK

Postby CreighTony » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:02 pm

DEK wrote:Oldfan!!!! Finally someone who doesn't suffer from Creighton disease!! Thought I was the only one left!!!!

Don't you know who you are talking about? The same people who go on and on about how this depaul writer who is ranking the big east's best players by position is biased toward depaul players and is clueless because if he knew anything he would have Groselle in the top 5 of centers. :lol:

If you are looking for rational thoughts, you are in the wrong spot.

I am optimistic about this season and looking forward to what we do on the court but this idea of every guy we sign who we don't have a lot of stiff competition for being a diamond in the rough simply has just not played out in reality...it is easy to convince yourself of that though, because this is, after all, Creighton and anyone our coach signs is awesome (until he redshirts and then transfers or plays in 4 games and then transfers) because we are the best (despite the majority of Coach Mac's previous recruiting history suggesting the exact opposite)!!!!!

Hope Davion is a good player, but will reserve crowning him a diamond in the rough until he doesn't redshirt and then transfer to northwest state junior college

Man, you are really smart.
CreighTony

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting