2017 G Michael & Marcus Weathers (Transfer)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2017 G Michael & Marcus Weathers (Transfer)

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:38 pm

Miami (OH) freshman duo Michael (PG :: 6-2 :: 16.7ppg, 4.2rpg, 4.8apg, 22.1% from 3, 77.7% from FT) and Marcus (SF :: 6-5 :: 9.7ppg, 6.0rpg, 0.7apg, 35.0% from 3, 68.0% from 3) are leaving following a successful season with the RedHawks. Natives of Shawnee Mission, Kansas the brothers are looking to up-transfer to a better conference.

The brothers list Kansas as dream landing spot http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/article141309513.html

Creighton was involved late in their recruitment as of 01/2016 https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/weathers-brothers-hope-to-keep-combo-together-at-next-level

Michael was All-MAC freshman 1st team and overall All-MAC Honorable Mention.

The Weathers brothers are sit one play three
hilltopalum

Re: 2017 G Michael & Marcus Weathers (Transfer)

Postby cu8493 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:19 pm

Intriguing, but we don't have 2 schollies at this time do we, and I don't anticipate having two open (or maybe we do if JP leaves). if we don't get Bowen, I think we need another guy in the 6'7"/6'8" range more than we will need another 6'2" and 6'5" guard. I think we got out of MVC in the nick of time more ways than one. More and more if a low or mid-major school has a player with a really good season or two, it has to worry about the kid transferring for something bigger and better. Let's say Dana had stayed at CU and gotten McDermott to come to CU (or just imagine UNI had he gone there). Assuming his development went the way it did at CU, I can only imagine the pain of watching him bailing after his sophomore season and watching him win player of the year for some high major school. I know this happened in the past, but it seems to be becoming more and more common. At least if we lose JP, its to the NBA.
cu8493

Re: 2017 G Michael & Marcus Weathers (Transfer)

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:30 pm

It sounds like Michael is Creighton's main target. The brothers aren't necessarily a combo deal.

Eric Bossi reporting Michael has heard from Miami (FL), St. John's, GW, Creighton, Tulsa, & Valpo
hilltopalum

Return to Recruiting