2017 G/F Christian David

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 G/F Christian David

Postby mredle » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:19 pm

Ethanfor3 wrote:While he's a good player and I hate to see him go to our competition, count me as one that doesn't mind losing out on this one.

Ethanfor3, I heartily agree with your post except for your regret at seeing him go to our competition. I think his decision to go to Butler affords the team the opportunity to demonstrate to us and to him, why it was that he was so concerned with a lack of playing time.
mredle

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:27 pm

I think we could have really used Christian. He's the ideal 4 man in hoops these days - he has the offensive ability of a guard/wing, but the body to defend up and rebound against PFs. We're missing out here.

We aren't going to get everyone we want, however. Hopefully Preston and Co. can nab the next one.
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby Ethanfor3 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:56 pm

shadow wrote:There's NO WAY Patton leaves that early! NOWONE has ever left even 1 year early and we've had guys on that level before...Silas,
Apke,Benjamin,Korver,McDermott,etc. I think Benjamin is the ONLY player to even leave 1 year early!

The fact that most guys have stayed their full time here is a backward looking stat. We haven't had a lot of guys in recent history look like, or have Justin's skill set.

The NBA draft is different these days and guys that are seniors are treated like lepers as the assumption is that they don't have any "potential" to grow left.

I would like nothing more than for you to be right, however I'll stand by my thoughts and say that he won't be here as a red-shirt Junior.

Peace
Ethanfor3

Postby jln » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Ethanfor3 wrote:
shadow wrote:There's NO WAY Patton leaves that early! NOWONE has ever left even 1 year early and we've had guys on that level before...Silas,
Apke,Benjamin,Korver,McDermott,etc. I think Benjamin is the ONLY player to even leave 1 year early!

The fact that most guys have stayed their full time here is a backward looking stat. We haven't had a lot of guys in recent history look like, or have Justin's skill set.

The NBA draft is different these days and guys that are seniors are treated like lepers as the assumption is that they don't have any "potential" to grow left.

I would like nothing more than for you to be right, however I'll stand by my thoughts and say that he won't be here as a red-shirt Junior.

Peace

If two years is the max Justin stays then redshirting him was a pretty bad choice.
jln

Postby TrueBlueJay » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:28 pm

Can we let the kid play one minute of college hoops before anointing him a draft pick in 2018? Sheesh.
TrueBlueJay

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:05 pm

jln wrote:
If two years is the max Justin stays then redshirting him was a pretty bad choice.

If our coaching staff ever bases redshirt decisions on unpredictable draft rankings 2-3 years down the road, I will be calling for a new coaching staff. No. He was redshirted because he wasn't ready. That's when and why you redshirt.
vivid_dude

Postby drbluejay » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:17 pm

Please stop talking about Patton when this is reserved for Christian David. If you want to talk about Patton, post it in the right area please.
drbluejay

Postby jln » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:45 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
jln wrote:

If our coaching staff ever bases redshirt decisions on unpredictable draft rankings 2-3 years down the road, I will be calling for a new coaching staff. No. He was redshirted because he wasn't ready. That's when and why you redshirt.

I agree, my comment was more saying I doubt the basketball staff believes he's gone in two years max. I hope he's good enough to justify leaving then.
jln

Previous

Return to Recruiting