2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Postby Eye of the Jay » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Just when you thought the thread was gonna die..

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... iting-him/

Also what the heck is Depaul doing offering 200k to recruits?!?
Eye of the Jay

Postby ZMagic30 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Trying their best, I suppose.

I’m just glad that it hasn’t come out that we offered him anything. Gonna keep holding my breath until it’s over, though
ZMagic30

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:59 am

Jays don't qualify even as an after thought at Nike. What would we offer him... a dollar beer?

By the way... anybody heard any updates on our "new" alternate uni?
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby ZMagic30 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:34 pm

Apparently you missed the part where DePaul - who hasn’t had a winning record since 2006 - reportedly offered him $200k. I’m not saying that I believe that Creighton played dirty in any way, I’m just hoping that nothing comes out.
ZMagic30

Postby Creigh_All_Day » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:53 am

ZMagic you’re brutal. We don’t need anymore comments
Creigh_All_Day

Postby Trifecta » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:55 am

ZMagic30 wrote:Apparently you missed the part where DePaul - who hasn’t had a winning record since 2006 - reportedly offered him $200k. I’m not saying that I believe that Creighton played dirty in any way, I’m just hoping that nothing comes out.

I'm not trying to be naive, but I truly think that didn't happen based on how his recruitment played out. Our staff was in on Bowen early, and all of the weird, off the board late suitors points to school that probably got out the check book. I remember how baffled we were when he cut his list to 5 schools, then those 5 schools constantly were changing as he pushed his decision date out.
Trifecta

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Coach Pitino, in over his head in payola quicksand...throwing out rumors. Not much credibility in his statements.

Nike, is likely in the pay to recruit business, as are the other named apparel/shoe companies. However, I seriously doubt that Nike would go to bat for DePaul (or Creighton, for that matter) as they are not marquee schools for the brand, both towards the bottom tier of contract schools. Georgetown, probably the Big East leader with Nike, doesn't even make the Top 65 contracts (as per the 2016 data). This data has been tweaked a bit with recent contracts with L'ville, Michigan, Alabama, even Georgetown has a new contract.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlybenja ... c71f37308f

ZMagic 30, You are trolling or just a really loyal fan?
(DePaul) Trying their best, I suppose.
[b]I’m just glad that it hasn’t come out that we offered him anything[/b]. Gonna keep holding my breath until it’s over, though

Nike won't pay for a recruit to go to DePaul, or Creighton. Neither school is important enough to "merit" such attention from Nike. Are you so starved for attention, that you'd even welcome a nightmare for our Jays?

Apparently you missed the part where DePaul - who hasn’t had a winning record since 2006 - reportedly offered him $200k. I’m not saying that I believe that Creighton played dirty in any way, I’m just hoping that nothing comes out.

So you believe Rick Pitino's take on DePaul? A desperate coach attempting to recoup his paycheck. The part I really admire about your comments...you don't Believe Creighton is dirty, however, you believe there is Creighton dirt that could come out. Which is it man? You obviously don't think we have a good, clean program. What a tool you are - a great fan of the institution.

Our President, AD, and staff are people of good character. I don't believe any of our leaders would stand for, nor allow, any dishonest or "dirty" behavior or dealings at Creighton.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby ZMagic30 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:45 pm

I’m confused about what you’re so upset about. All I said was that I hope nothing comes out. Patton was linked to part of this scandal. Sometimes assistants act on their own. Who knows? I can both believe that Creighton is clean and hope that nothing comes out about any sketchy activities. Those things aren’t mutually exclusive
ZMagic30

Postby slaw » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:13 pm

slaw

Postby cu8493 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:26 pm

Good luck to him. I am glad he did not end up in Omaha. But, I wish him no ill, and truly do hope he has a successful career.
cu8493

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting