2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby cujaysfan » Wed May 24, 2017 6:59 pm

i might feel differently if it was someone besides roy and UNC - but screw those guys.

this is the system - and i do think it sucks for the players

but i don't blame stallings for not wanting it to play out that way - it's a complete knife twist.
cujaysfan

Postby Creigh_All_Day » Wed May 24, 2017 7:11 pm

cujaysfan wrote:i might feel differently if it was someone besides roy and UNC - but screw those guys.

this is the system - and i do think it sucks for the players

but i don't blame stallings for not wanting it to play out that way - it's a complete knife twist.

But I thought they are student-athletes according to the NCAA? What a joke. Can't disagree with you more.
Creigh_All_Day

Postby cujaysfan » Wed May 24, 2017 8:26 pm

so tomorrow - after figuring out that he has enough credits to graduate - Khyri walks into the championship center and tells the coaches - see you guys - I'm off to Villanova

Mac should simply say "sounds great! see you in January on the court"?
cujaysfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed May 24, 2017 8:45 pm

cujaysfan wrote:so tomorrow - after figuring out that he has enough credits to graduate - Khyri walks into the championship center and tells the coaches - see you guys - I'm off to Villanova

Mac should simply say "sounds great! see you in January on the court"?

A - He's graduated. End of his "annual" committment.
B - He won't get more minutes at 'Nova.
C - Generally there are no restrictions onGrad Transfers...This ACC stuff is a new transfer wrinkle.

As for Cam Johnson - go to Oregon. It would increase our likeihood for Tugs. (Not really, but it was great to type.)
As for the continued delays...I'm slow, senile, "special" (as in Olympics), and dense. But I'm beginning to think Tugs don't (doesn't...for the grammar police) like us?

:lol: ;)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby mredle » Wed May 24, 2017 9:01 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
mredle wrote:
So predictions aren't fact and information isn't fact? Is that right President Vivid?

Predictions aren't fact. That is absolutely 100% correct.
But predictions are information.
(I seriously have to explain this stuff? Seriously???)

And I agree with JaysLifer.

Now what were predictions? Were they fact or non-fact??
mredle

Postby vivid_dude » Wed May 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Predictions are not facts.

You really think that "facts" and "information" are the same thing, don't you?
vivid_dude

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed May 24, 2017 9:33 pm

Even if we lose Tugs, Mellisandre's back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giYeaKsXnsI
Wizard of Westroads

Postby whiteandblue77 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:55 am

https://arizona.rivals.com/news/rivals- ... tions-more

BOSSI: It sure seems like Bowen is close to making a decision and the recruitment of the five-star from Michigan who played his last couple of years at La Porte (Ind.) La Lumiere has been a roller coaster ride. I think the return of Rawle Alkins and Emmanuel Akot enrolling early rules out Arizona and with Miles Bridges back at Michigan State, the Spartans look to be out as well. Texas and NC State have been listed by Bowen but they seem unrealistic and I'm not sure the hiring of Bowen's coach from La Lumiere – Shane Heirman – as an assistant at DePaul is enough to move it into the final mix. For most of the last two months I've thought that Bowen would end up at Creighton. The ability to play a Doug McDermott-type role in a high-speed offense seemed to fit and the Bluejays have worked him really hard. However, Oregon just really got into the mix and fresh off of a Final Four run with all of Dillon Brooks minutes opening up, I think the Ducks have emerged as the team to beat.
MCDONALD: Waiting it out until the end of May has certainly given Bowen an advantage. He's been able to see where all his peers in the 2017 class ended up and also monitor NBA decisions of players at the schools he's considering. Arizona looks to be out with Rawle Alkins returning and it would be hard to see Michigan State being the choice with Miles Bridges coming back. That leaves Creighton and Oregon as the two most likely choices. As this one has dragged out, momentum seems to be pointing toward the Ducks.
PEEK: It's been a whirlwind recruitment for Brian 'Tugs' Bowen and it appears he's finally nearing a decision. I like that he's taking his time and watching all the pieces fall into place before making his decision. With Rawle Alkins coming back to Arizona and Miles Bridges choosing to stay an extra year at Michigan State, that pretty much eliminates them from the game. Five-star Oregon commit Troy Brown has been making a push for Tugs to join him up in Eugene dating all the way back to the McDonald's All-American game before the Ducks were even in the mix. After an unofficial visit, Oregon started making a push for the five-star wing. Creighton seems to be the team to beat right now but at the end of the day, I think he ends up an Oregon duck.
whiteandblue77

Postby Eye of the Jay » Thu May 25, 2017 10:23 am

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/ ... redictions

Jerry Meyer flipping his crystal ball to Texas this morning. Need Tugs to surprise everyone and commit to us stat
Eye of the Jay

Postby dgassman3 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:33 am

Eye of the Jay wrote:http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Brian-Bowen-at-La-Lumiere-School-156190/CurrentExpertPredictions

Jerry Meyer flipping his crystal ball to Texas this morning. Need Tugs to surprise everyone and commit to us stat

TBH I have just gotten to the point where I completely give up on the "Crystal Ball" predictions at 247. Think about it, people at other outlets are saying we are still big players, still make the most sense, etc. but NO ONE at 247 has us as their prediction. Hell, MSU still is at 25%.
dgassman3

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting