2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:22 pm

mredle wrote:If you prefer "Rip" Hamilton, knock yourself out. Seriously!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_H ... basketball)

I think the snark is due to the fact that nobody anywhere ever has called him Rick Hamilton. Until today.

My favorite SF is Lawrence Bird.
vivid_dude

Postby NUgradCUfan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:20 am

Jerry Meyer was on Sharp and Benning this morning and talked a little bit about Tugs. Sounded like he didn't know much other than an assumption that Bowen has a lot of people close to him with different interests telling him to go to one school or another and is holding off on his decision just to delay disappointing someone (which is going to be inevitable).

He also mentioned that BB might be waiting to see if Rawle Alkins out of AZ who has already declared for the draft ends up hiring an agent or not. Jerry mentioned that Alkins isn't ready to go pro but might declare anyway to go to the D-League or play in Europe because he just doesn't want to go to school anymore. If he's waiting on Alkins, then Tugs probably wouldn't make a decision until after the combine in May. I hope that's not the case, and we just get an answer here soon...whatever that may be. The process continues.
NUgradCUfan

Postby cu8493 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:53 am

Well, signing period ends May 17, so I guess he will have to make a decision in the next three weeks. Otherwise, everyone gets to wait until he actually enrolls in August. I really worry about a player that apparently has so many voices in his ear. You know darn well those voices who aren't happy about a decision to come to Creighton are going to be whispering in his ear during the season as well first time coach doesn't give him the minutes they feel he should be getting or isn't running enough plays to him, etc. I just don't see it working out well. But, that's from way outside. Could be way 100% wrong on that. Hope he comes here and hope I am wrong. Time will tell.
cu8493

Postby Creigh_All_Day » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:16 pm

cu8493 wrote:Well, signing period ends May 17, so I guess he will have to make a decision in the next three weeks. Otherwise, everyone gets to wait until he actually enrolls in August. I really worry about a player that apparently has so many voices in his ear. You know darn well those voices who aren't happy about a decision to come to Creighton are going to be whispering in his ear during the season as well first time coach doesn't give him the minutes they feel he should be getting or isn't running enough plays to him, etc. I just don't see it working out well. But, that's from way outside. Could be way 100% wrong on that. Hope he comes here and hope I am wrong. Time will tell.

So you think he will be a liability in the locker room based on the fact that he is taking his time making one of the most important decisions of his life? Yeah, you are 100% wrong.
Creigh_All_Day

Postby mredle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:50 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
mredle wrote:If you prefer "Rip" Hamilton, knock yourself out. Seriously!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_H ... basketball)

I think the snark is due to the fact that nobody anywhere ever has called him Rick Hamilton. Until today.

My favorite SF is Lawrence Bird.

No. Let's speak the truth vivid_dude. What you really mean is that YOU never heard him called Rick. That's very different.
mredle

Postby cu8493 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:05 pm

Creigh_All_Day wrote:
cu8493 wrote:Well, signing period ends May 17, so I guess he will have to make a decision in the next three weeks. Otherwise, everyone gets to wait until he actually enrolls in August. I really worry about a player that apparently has so many voices in his ear. You know darn well those voices who aren't happy about a decision to come to Creighton are going to be whispering in his ear during the season as well first time coach doesn't give him the minutes they feel he should be getting or isn't running enough plays to him, etc. I just don't see it working out well. But, that's from way outside. Could be way 100% wrong on that. Hope he comes here and hope I am wrong. Time will tell.

So you think he will be a liability in the locker room based on the fact that he is taking his time making one of the most important decisions of his life? Yeah, you are 100% wrong.

So, lets try that again with some reading comprehension. Nowhere did I say based on him taking time to decide. I said "apparently has so many voices in his ear" - that is, based on the reports that he has a lot of people close to him with different interests telling him to go to one school or another. I never said anything about the locker room. So you pulled that one out of your arse.
cu8493

Postby Creigh_All_Day » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:31 pm

cu8493 wrote:
Creigh_All_Day wrote:

So, lets try that again with some reading comprehension. Nowhere did I say based on him taking time to decide. I said "apparently has so many voices in his ear" - that is, based on the reports that he has a lot of people close to him with different interests telling him to go to one school or another. I never said anything about the locker room. So you pulled that one out of your arse.

You know darn well those voices who aren't happy about a decision to come to Creighton are going to be whispering in his ear during the season as well first time coach doesn't give him the minutes they feel he should be getting or isn't running enough plays to him, etc. I just don't see it working out well.

Ok...
Creigh_All_Day

Postby Definitely a Jay » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:18 pm

YOu can't count out Miles and Nebraska. He has them on the rise...
Definitely a Jay

Postby Jaysker12 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:55 pm

cu8493 wrote:So, lets try that again with some reading comprehension. Nowhere did I say based on him taking time to decide. I said "apparently has so many voices in his ear" - that is, based on the reports that he has a lot of people close to him with different interests telling him to go to one school or another. I never said anything about the locker room. So you pulled that one out of your arse.

what problems, other than him departing for more minutes elsewhere, would you be implying he could cause if he, hypothetically speaking, DID have people "whispering in his ear"? You didn't mention the locker room but it heavily came across that you don't think Brian will be good for team chemistry. Same diff. I think we need to get used to players with 'camps'. McD's AA types seem to all have them. It comes down to recruits seeing themselves as pros down the road wanting to put themselves in the best position to succeed. Some of those people "whispering in his ear" probably do have his best interests at heart. You may not like the culture into which college athletics is evolving but you shouldn't take that angst out on a recruit the staff has invested so much time in, and a guy that would help us out tremendously next season
Jaysker12

Postby Realhoops » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:10 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:
cu8493 wrote:So, lets try that again with some reading comprehension. Nowhere did I say based on him taking time to decide. I said "apparently has so many voices in his ear" - that is, based on the reports that he has a lot of people close to him with different interests telling him to go to one school or another. I never said anything about the locker room. So you pulled that one out of your arse.

what problems, other than him departing for more minutes elsewhere, would you be implying he could cause if he, hypothetically speaking, DID have people "whispering in his ear"? You didn't mention the locker room but it heavily came across that you don't think Brian will be good for team chemistry. Same diff. I think we need to get used to players with 'camps'. McD's AA types seem to all have them. It comes down to recruits seeing themselves as pros down the road wanting to put themselves in the best position to succeed. Some of those people "whispering in his ear" probably do have his best interests at heart. You may not like the culture into which college athletics is evolving but you shouldn't take that angst out on a recruit the staff has invested so much time in, and a guy that would help us out tremendously next season

Yes - please stop "taking [it] out" on recruits by expressing any kind of concern or opinion short of an endorsement that said recruit is probably the second coming of Lebron James. There is just no room for opinions or concerns in a forum like this, buddy.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting