2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby ictjay » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:19 pm

Good post Jeremy, there is a lot of room at the inn.
ictjay

Postby bluejayfan00 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:06 pm

LaLu's head coach to be named an assistant at DePaul.
bluejayfan00

Postby T-bone » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:11 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:LaLu's head coach to be named an assistant at DePaul.

I would laugh out loud if he picked DePaul.
T-bone

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:13 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:LaLu's head coach to be named an assistant at DePaul.

...and of course, he would like to bring along 1 or more of his star players. Fortunately, he's NOT related to Tugs or any of his students. Nice move by Leitao though-tough to tap into Chitown AAU, so he goes after the Prep School market. ;)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:17 pm

TBC Alum wrote:Let the countdown clock begin ...
only three days left in April
Or was it March
Or February
Or January
Damn, I'm tired of this

... tick, tick, tick ...

But it's cool. It's all good. He wasn't really, really, really definite when he said by the end of April for sure, right?

I still hope to log on and see the news break that he's coming to Creighton. But is there any other guy who has been this highly recruited (in general, not speaking of the Jays specifically) who has drug the decision out this long? I can't recall anyone this highly touted waiting until May or later before to decide. It's his future, his right, etc. -- just seems very unusual. Unless he now declares DePaul out of the blue. That would NOT be cool.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby Jeremyhauer » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:27 pm

... tick, tick, tick ...

But it's cool. It's all good. He wasn't really, really, really definite when he said by the end of April for sure, right?

I still hope to log on and see the news break that he's coming to Creighton. But is there any other guy who has been this highly recruited (in general, not speaking of the Jays specifically) who has drug the decision out this long? I can't recall anyone this highly touted waiting until May or later before to decide. It's his future, his right, etc. -- just seems very unusual. Unless he now declares DePaul out of the blue. That would NOT be cool.[/quote]

5 of the Top 25 are still uncommitted. It is and will continue to be more common with the NCAA pushing back the withdrawal date for the NBA draft until after the combine.
Jeremyhauer

Postby Old MVC Days » Mon May 01, 2017 9:09 am

This is getting dumb
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon May 01, 2017 9:26 am

To be fair, I think he said he would absolutely make his decision in April. I'm not sure he said he would tell anyone what that decision is. So it could be that HE knows exactly what he's going to do, but he's keeping it a secret.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby robry » Mon May 01, 2017 9:49 am

247 is now giving DePaul 5% Not that any of their predictions come true. They are all over the board on Tugs
robry

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon May 01, 2017 10:40 am

Since he missed out on the PJ last November, probably thinking an unofficial to St Thomas to check out UVI. Hell, who knows...but it sure is a lot of Fun! C'mon Tugs...I 've got an article to write. ;)
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting