2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby Omahanian » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Your concerns, cu8493, are reasonable and you're entitled to express your opinion. Thanks for the post.
Omahanian

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:52 pm

That's not the CU8493 that we all know & Love. Who are u and what have u done with the real CU8493? Although many would take delight in perpetuators jaynapping ol' 8493 and hiding him at Lake Manawa or Great Salt Lake, for that matter; a few of us would greatly miss his/her positivity and homer views on the team.

Free CU8493, Free CU8493, Free Willy!

There has been a rash of recruiting anxiety syndrome running amuck recently. I tussled with a bout of it a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps cu8493 has caught a case of it too?
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Jaysker12 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:25 pm

What is he adding to the conversation with "I don't see it working out here"
Jaysker12

Postby Angry Dan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:45 pm

Angry Dan

Postby GoKobe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:03 am

Angry Dan wrote:http://www.addictedtoquack.com/2017/4/25/15428944/is-oregon-making-late-push-for-all-american-brian-bowen

Here comes the Ducks

“I’ve just been analyzing all the schools, watching the games and everything,” said Bowen. “In April I’m definitely making my decision, 100 percent. I’m not sure what day yet, but 100 percent in April.”
^ original

in before

"I’ve just been analyzing all the schools, watching the games and everything,” said Bowen. “In May I’m definitely making my decision, 100 percent. I’m not sure what day yet, but 100 percent in May."
GoKobe

Postby Realhoops » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:12 am

Jaysker12 wrote:What is he adding to the conversation with "I don't see it working out here"

His opinion? Not that different from "I see him being a star here."

Not sure why it is so hard to see and accept that not everyone thinks this kid is worth it. He might be a program changer. He might not. He might be a great teammate. He might not. He might come. He might not. Nobody really knows, but all of those opinions seem pretty reasonable given the way the recruitment has gone to this point.

I hope he comes and proves everyone who was hesitant wrong. But I can absolutely understand why many are skeptical.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:18 am

Angry Dan wrote:http://www.addictedtoquack.com/2017/4/25/15428944/is-oregon-making-late-push-for-all-american-brian-bowen

Here comes the Ducks

Interesting read. It is funny that he starts off the article saying "I hate rumors, but..." and then writes an entire article based on rumors, including cryptic Twitter posts that Bowen "liked," which somehow become meaningful in the cyclone of rumors he claims to hate. Not sure where he got his information about Creighton, where he says "Bowen was very interested in Creighton at one point, but that has subsided." If you believe all the experts, Bowen's likelihood of choosing Creighton has never been higher. (Admittedly, that's a big "if").

Oregon has a good sales pitch, as outlined in the article. It would sting for Altman to come in at the last minute.

As for all the criticisms of Bowen for taking so much time to decide, I don't get it. I wish more kids would be this thoughtful about important decisions. It seems as if Bowen and his inner circle have a plan and they are trying to figure out which school is the best fit to achieve that plan. Seems pretty intelligent to me.
vivid_dude

Postby Creigh_All_Day » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:23 am

Realhoops wrote:
Jaysker12 wrote:What is he adding to the conversation with "I don't see it working out here"

His opinion? Not that different from "I see him being a star here."

Not sure why it is so hard to see and accept that not everyone thinks this kid is worth it. He might be a program changer. He might not. He might be a great teammate. He might not. He might come. He might not. Nobody really knows, but all of those opinions seem pretty reasonable given the way the recruitment has gone to this point.

I hope he comes and proves everyone who was hesitant wrong. But I can absolutely understand why many are skeptical.

He led his team to a National Championship playing some unselfish basketball. He seems like a great kid during his interviews, and his stats and highlight videos certainly can back up the statement like "I see him being a star here." Obviously that's not a guarantee, but there is support for it.

There is no support for a statement like "I don't see it working out here." He's taking his time and has a lot of people he is talking to. Why is that such a concern?

So yes, its hard to see why someone would think he's not worth it.
Creigh_All_Day

Postby cu8493 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:57 am

Had I meant a poison in the locker room, I would have said a poison in the locker room. I tend to write what I mean and not in some veiled references. Having too many voices whispering in one's ear doesn't necessarily create locker room issues with teammates. But, it can and does at times impact one's performance on the court, ones mental state, the amount of motivation and effort, etc. Such things can impact an athletic team without the person being "poison". Happens at all levels. In any event, as I said. Hope he comes. But, he clearly has not developed the kind of relationship with our coaching staff or our players where he says these are the guys for me, these are the guys I want to go to battle with. I think what impacts my thought process as much as any with Bowen is that after all the years of contact by Izzo and his staff, with the character those guys have, with the quality of that program and its success, it being his team growing up, and if he still prioritizes the "business" over his relationship with those guys by this point, I have serious doubts whether he will with any team and coaching staff. Not saying it couldn't develop over time. It might.

But (and this is just my very own silly little opinion), I tend to prefer kids who come to Creighton because he/she feels in his/her heart that the University, the team and the coaches are the right fit for them. Those that love and desire the opportunity to play for the name on the front of the jersey. I would have a hard time routing for a Kentucky, for example. I want the kids to work to be their very best, and I wholly support the kids that have an ambition to play at the next level - be it NBA or overseas. But, win or lose, I love the college kids who are first and foremost representatives of the University while they are here, and not just here for "business". Granted, doesn't always work out even with that, but I think it is more likely than not when the relationships and connections are stronger.

Anyway, my last statement on Bowen. If I am wrong, and he comes here and leads us to the Sweet 16, I will gladly eat crow. We will see come May 17 (or not).
cu8493

Postby Easypaddy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:13 am

We're not allowed to bad mouth potential recruits on the recruiting board? Looks like the thought police are out in full force on this one :/
Easypaddy

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting