2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (Louisville Commit)

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:03 pm

yeah - screw abiding by laws and rules

if you ain't cheating you ain't trying!
cujaysfan

Postby JaysLifer » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Yeah, I can’t believe you guys are posting about the single biggest story in college basketball, and one that has a Creighton connection. What do you think this is, a Creighton basketball board?
JaysLifer

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Never thought I would see the day, but this thread is destined for 150 pages, 200,000 views, and 1300 posts. All thanks to Tugs.

Thanks Tugs and family...U r making BJU History.
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby cu8493 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:33 pm

And just this week the NCAA president was lamenting that there is no respect for it as a governing body. Actually, to be fair, nothing in the article mentions in any way the NCAA's position. The FBI deciding it has nothing to file charges against him is much different than the NCAA allowing him to play. As with most of these, I assume they will allow UL to investigate internally first, but UL has to know it is in a very precarious situation given Pitino's apparent knowledge of the payments. Even UL can't be so flippant to just let him play when the bribe was so obvious. But, maybe I'm wrong. I take the article to be merely attorney-speak, trying to get out ahead of the school in the public eye and pressure the school to reinstate him. I am not sure UL will do that, and I don't know to what extent the other players will welcome him since he's the dude that got their coach fired.

Most of us knew he was never coming here long before he (err, his dad) took the money, and know that all things equal he still was probably never coming here. So, not butt hurt in the least.

Personally, and this is just me, any time in the future a recruit says "this is a business", I hope our coaches run away, and run away fast.
cu8493

Postby Jaysker12 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:48 pm

LynchMob wrote:I'm not butthurt that a recruit didn't pick Creighton, that happens more often than not. I'm butthurt that the marquee "name" programs are allowed to pay players and the NCAA doesn't do shit about it, even when they get caught.

the fbi used strong language when they condemned the illicit recruiting methods..optimistically, that should signal an impending change of the system. it might take awhile. emmert has gone on record saying he wants the one and done rule eliminated. doing just that won't fix everything. you can still make deals with amateur high school players.

this may not apply to US basketball, but i think europe has the right idea when it comes to developing young players. the most talented ones can sign contracts with the best clubs when they're 16-17. our system here is completely different; i don't think the money is there to support the d league/g league teams signing talented high schoolers to contracts at their appropriate market value. and allowing high school players to do this would undoubtedly diminish the quality of college basketball.

idk, just my two cents on the situation. the system is completely broken and there doesn't seem to be an easy fix. also, we should rename this thread to ncaa corruption. It's pretty obvious this is no longer a CU-related brian bowen thread.
Jaysker12

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:54 am

OR Start a separate corruption thread.

This thread is a BJU history-making thread and stands on its' own. The thing about Tugs is he has a penchant for making news so his thread will be seeing more action - whether or not he gets reinstated at the 'Ville. The boy has a nose for headline news.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby HandDownManDown » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:42 pm

You guys need to re-check your troll settings.

Fivestar has been outed before, you just don't remember. Ergo, he digs up an old thread to chide everyone.

Just put him on ignore and move on.
HandDownManDown

Postby FiveStar1999 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:33 pm

That's right. I'm the one that tempered everyone's excitement about Tyler Clement being a suitable replacement for Watson. I guess I wasn't wrong.
FiveStar1999

Postby HandDownManDown » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:38 pm

LOL

'Excitement'...yeah, no, that never happened. Nice try though.
HandDownManDown

Postby WBR Tom » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:12 am

So after all of this drama, Tugs will never end up playing a single collegiate game.

WBR Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting