2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen

Postby mredle » Tue May 16, 2017 9:51 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Speaking of bringing a knife to a gunfight... didn't you refer to my friend Vivid as "dr massengill"? ...as in the feminine hygiene product? ...i.e. A "disposable blank/blank bag"? Just sayin', as those are fighting words in Omaha? I could go on, but I don't want to step over the line. Merely a bit of pot stirring...heh, heh, heh.

Image.

U 2 have at least another 20-30 pages of kicking sand at each other. With a little posting assist from the rest of us, heck...we may reach 150 pages prior to a decision from ol' Tugs!

Just don't tell him you have some information he doesn't know. You know how he gets when it comes to faux information,
mredle

Postby vivid_dude » Tue May 16, 2017 10:59 pm

It's entertaining to me that mredle is deflecting the fact that he doesn't know what "information" is.

I had a dream that Bowen chose Creighton last night. Guess what? That's actually information too!! It's just not particularly useful or important or relevant. You could have put a bunch of adjectives in front of the word "information" when describing 247's predictions, and you might have been right. But you chose to do the one thing where you were factually wrong. That's a special shade of stupid right there.

But, if you must, deflect again with more feminine hygiene references. You be you.

The Road to 80...
vivid_dude

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Wed May 17, 2017 5:51 am

This thread has taken pretty close to a shitty turn.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby Easypaddy » Wed May 17, 2017 8:18 am

Alternative information.
Easypaddy

Postby vivid_dude » Wed May 17, 2017 8:52 am

Waylon Van Smack wrote:This thread has taken pretty close to a shitty turn.

Agreed. It's unfortunate that so much time had to be wasted explaining something so basic. I took no joy in doing it, but it had to be done. It's all mredle's fault. He doesn't own a dictionary.
vivid_dude

Postby Angry Dan » Wed May 17, 2017 9:17 am

http://247sports.com/Article/Only-two-2 ... d-52778891

So there telling us there is still a chance..................
Angry Dan

Postby mredle » Wed May 17, 2017 9:59 am

Angry Dan wrote:http://247sports.com/Article/Only-two-2017-five-stars-remain-uncommitted-52778891

Angry Dan, thank you for providing the interesting speculation from 247. For Dr. Massengill:
Learner's definition of SPECULATION
1 : ideas or guesses about something that is not known
Learner's definition of FACT
1 : something that truly exists or happens

Definition of information
1 : the communication or reception of knowledge
Get the difference.
mredle

Postby dgassman3 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:12 am

Angry Dan wrote:http://247sports.com/Article/Only-two-2017-five-stars-remain-uncommitted-52778891

I don't think it's necessarily any new information. He is down to what seems like three schools considering the way MSU and AZ's rosters have shaped up.
He can pick:
A) Pac12 Program with recent tournament pedigree, decent exposure, not being the alpha dog but an important piece of a solid championship contender
B) On-the-rise Big East program that will get him to tournament, decent exposure, 1a/1b player on a decent championship contender
C) Trash Big East program that is hoping he helps elevate the brand, meh exposure, clear alpha dog on a NIT-at-best team, very familar with coaching staff

I'm biased to option B, but see arguments for A and C. Don't know that I buy we're OUT of it yet, just in the 10-15% range.
dgassman3

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed May 17, 2017 10:28 am

mredle wrote:

Angry Dan, thank you for providing the interesting speculation from 247. For Dr. Massengill:
Learner's definition of SPECULATION
1 : ideas or guesses about something that is not known
Learner's definition of FACT
1 : something that truly exists or happens

Definition of information
1 : the communication or reception of knowledge
Get the difference.

So we all just got some knowledge (received it, if you will) about where some of the recruiting sites like 247 think Bowen might go and what they are basing those thoughts on. It may not be fact that he'll go where they are speculating he will. But it sure as heck is information about what they think.

On topic -- you'd think he'd be making the decision pretty soon just to get through the process of enrolling, moving, getting settled, starting workouts, etc. It still won't surprise me if he goes to DePaul to follow his coaches and friend there, or Oregon because of the Nike stuff they can throw at him. But I'm not ruling us out just yet -- from the perspective of being able to play on a really good team, be an instant impact guy, and have the potential of pushing a program to a new height, we're the best fit.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby vivid_dude » Wed May 17, 2017 11:47 am

This will really blow your mind, my slow friend, mredle.

Speculation IS information.

Take a few days to digest that and get back to me.
vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting