2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (Louisville Commit)

Postby Jet915 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:16 am

I can see a team like DePaul being all over this. They need to pick up their recruiting and would take a chance on him. Might help them get Tyger Campbell as well.
Jet915

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:21 am

In all likelihood he's going to Mich State. If however, he should want to come to Creighton - we say bygones are bygones and we take him in. 5-star players on the Hilltop don't grow on trees. We are transfer u after all.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Realhoops » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:56 am

gtmoBlue wrote:In all likelihood he's going to Mich State. If however, he should want to come to Creighton - we say bygones are bygones and we take him in. 5-star players on the Hilltop don't grow on trees. We are transfer u after all.

If current players are not on board, there is no way in hell we should be open to it. Chemistry and culture matters a lot.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby cu8493 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:22 pm

Do you really want a guy and a family like that in your program? Don't give me he didn't know. I don't care what his lawyer says. Do you really think he suddenly had an epiphany about Louisville? Do you really think he didn't know why "his people" were still shopping him around in June? No thank you, period, end of story for me.
cu8493

Postby Jays26 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 pm

It's amazing how stupid some of you folks are. You are seriously f**cked up if you want this kid and his family in the program.
Jays26

Postby vivid_dude » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:22 pm

cu8493 wrote:Do you really want a guy and a family like that in your program? Don't give me he didn't know. I don't care what his lawyer says. Do you really think he suddenly had an epiphany about Louisville? Do you really think he didn't know why "his people" were still shopping him around in June? No thank you, period, end of story for me.

You know what? I change my mind. It’s not worth it for what would likely be one year of commitment to the program, where he would likely only be committing to himself.
vivid_dude

Postby Jaysker12 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:16 pm

if he was a first tier talent I'd say its worth it. But his high school tapes didn't scream immediate game changer to me. He brings a great combo of size and shooting, but we already have both of those in spades on next year's roster. He was top 25, but talent-wise in the second tier, where I'd also put Mitch and ty-shon. Pass
Jaysker12

Postby Durango Jay » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:17 pm

Tuggs would be locker room poison
Durango Jay

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:23 pm

Well, it would be Ras and Mac's decision if the choice comes up. And, as I said earlier...It's not like he's coming here anyway.

I don't recall such vehement positions regarding Ricky Kreklow...a kid who jilted us twice. We welcomed him to the Hilltop with open arms. You guys are acting as if Tugs stole your lunch money. 1st tier? 2nd tier? He was listed at 14th, 21st, and 19th dependent upon which source you looked at (ESPN, Rivals, Scout). Mo Bamba? No. Potential great player? Yes. Not that it matters for us. He's probably headed to Michigan State.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Realhoops » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:41 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Well, it would be Ras and Mac's decision if the choice comes up. And, as I said earlier...It's not like he's coming here anyway.

I don't recall such vehement positions regarding Ricky Kreklow...a kid who jilted us twice. We welcomed him to the Hilltop with open arms. You guys are acting as if Tugs stole your lunch money. 1st tier? 2nd tier? He was listed at 14th, 21st, and 19th dependent upon which source you looked at (ESPN, Rivals, Scout). Mo Bamba? No. Potential great player? Yes. Not that it matters for us. He's probably headed to Michigan State.

Good lord, gtmo. The clear-headed opinions to steer clear of Bowen have nothing to do with being “jilted.” If you can’t see how his situation differs from a guy like Kreklow, there is no explaining it to you.

Hopefully there is absolutely no way we have any conversations with this poison.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting