2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (Louisville Commit)

Postby hilltopalum » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:03 pm

"I don't know anything about that," Bowen's mother, Carrie Malecke, told the Louisville Courier-Journal on Tuesday. "I don't know anything about that. I'm not aware of anything like that. Not me. I had no idea."

8-)
hilltopalum

Postby bleedblue » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:11 pm

Let's get this to 200 pages!
bleedblue

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:18 pm

Should've chosen the 100 page count adoration recruiting thread over the $100k...just saying
Eye of the Jay

Postby yeti47 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Holy sh** lol
yeti47

Postby 1974fan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:45 pm

This appears to be much bigger than one recruit who Creighton fans adored and hoped would come here. Big money and 'amateur' athletics are strange, but obviously very friendly, bedfellows. This is not only an indictment on the recruit/s and universities involved, but also on the athletic apparel business. They have way too much access to every school out there - including our favorite one on the hill. Legislation will be required to rein them in, but that will be unlikely in this current political environment. Keep the faith that CU athletics doesn't get tainted.
1974fan

Postby cufan10 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Louisville and the other schools better get hammered. Hell, Louisville should just fire Pitino and self-ban themselves from the dance for ten years today and pray the NCAA accepts that. I am also hoping UNCheat was one of the involved schools that would insure they cant skate after the academic scandal. The NCAA needs to come down hard or face a huge credibility problem.
cufan10

Postby jfan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:39 pm

hilltopalum wrote:
"I don't know anything about that," Bowen's mother, Carrie Malecke, told the Louisville Courier-Journal on Tuesday. "I don't know anything about that. I'm not aware of anything like that. Not me. I had no idea."

8-)
Man, she used all of Rick P's talking points!
jfan

Postby WBR Tom » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:42 pm

hilltopalum wrote:

8-)

I'm not going to editorialize on that quote, but I will provide the link to where it came from: 8-)

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp ... 703820001/
WBR Tom

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:50 pm

jfan wrote:
hilltopalum wrote:

8-)
Man, she used all of Rick P's talking points!

I think they were preprogrammed into the phone on the new Ranger Rover...
Savannah Jay

Postby CJayS » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:53 pm

I'd say the NCAA already has a credibility problem. It's a cesspool of corruption.
UNC is the prime example of the fact that the NCAA has effectively neutered itself and chosen to take the low road where the money is at. Especially after the SMU football scandal, they essentially vowed not to do that to a school again (which is a mistake- there are several programs that deserve the death penalty).
College football is likely worse than BBall since it's an even bigger money maker for the NCAA, ESPN, and the Power Conferences. Bama has had players in the past tweet photos of them holding handfuls of hundred dollar bills bragging that they just got paid. I can only imagine that the clothing companies have invested at least as much in football players at certain schools. The difference being that football doesn't have an AAU system. However, there are places like IMG academy that may become more common if there is money to be made.
The only solution to cleansing big time college athletics would be to blow the whole system up and the NCAA and some of it's members have too much to lose by doing that, so that will not happen.
CJayS

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting