2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (Louisville Commit)

Postby bird_call » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Guys, I think all the adults involved in this deserve to be trashed. Pitino, the apparel guys, AAU coaches, etc. But the 17 year old kids who are being bribed and exploited by the system to choose a university to play sports at shouldn't be the targets here.

Kids make mistakes and we shouldn't treat them the same as the adults bribing kids to play basketball in their uniform.
bird_call

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:39 pm

bird_call wrote:Guys, I think all the adults involved in this deserve to be trashed. Pitino, the apparel guys, AAU coaches, etc. But the 17 year old kids who are being bribed and exploited by the system to choose a university to play sports at shouldn't be the targets here.

Kids make mistakes and we shouldn't treat them the same as the adults bribing kids to play basketball in their uniform.

I 90% agree with you, but am perfectly comfortable trashing Tugs for his involvement in it too. Not as much so as the scumbag adults (and Bowen's family) - but he knew it was wrong. "He's a kid" only goes so far. IMO.
vivid_dude

Postby blueblood » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:42 pm

Ya that poor kid flying on private planes all over for free, eating for free, getting hookers, getting free clothing, and then getting 100 grand cash is a victim. My kids played and play high school sports. Mandatory meetings. Mandatory reading. What is allowed and what is not. Tugs is not a victim. What about the kids, families, schools, agents that do it the right way? They are the victims.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby Artis Gilmore » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:53 pm

Word on the street is Kansas, UCLA and South Carolina are in the FBI crosshairs too. Shit is getting real.

All the Best,
Artis
Artis Gilmore

Postby bird_call » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:42 pm

blueblood wrote:Ya that poor kid flying on private planes all over for free, eating for free, getting hookers, getting free clothing, and then getting 100 grand cash is a victim. My kids played and play high school sports. Mandatory meetings. Mandatory reading. What is allowed and what is not. Tugs is not a victim. What about the kids, families, schools, agents that do it the right way? They are the victims.

I'm not saying Tugs and the other kids accepting money are innocent. I am saying that they shouldn't be memed and bullied for screwing up. He wasn't an independent adult with a fully formed frontal brain lobe. He's responsible for his decision and he's going to have consequences including a probable ban from collegiate sports. But he is in no way in the same league of guilt as the adults doing the bribing, illegal recruiting, and other nefarious stuff that is tempting the 17 year old kids to cash in.

Tugs is both a guilty party and a victim. It is a terrible loaded analogy, but he's like an underage prostitute. Bad choice and illegal. But he is also being exploited.

Pitino and associates are purely guilty parties. They are the pimps.
bird_call

Postby LJay » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:52 pm

AML/CTF, anti-corruption is HUGE with the government today. This is no joke. There will be folks sent to Leavenworth over this.

The Feds will make examples showing they have no tolerance for money laundering, terrorist financing and corruption in today's society. They lump all of those into the same cauldron of stinky stew.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby blueblood » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:58 pm

I see your point I just see them all as guilty. Tugs should be banned from college sports.

I will be very disappointed if this ends here. I sure as hell hope we don't hear well thats that now back to normal. Louisville is already looking for a coach and says it will make it happen soon. Thats bullshit.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby ictjay » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:09 pm

Artis Gilmore wrote:Word on the street is Kansas, UCLA and South Carolina are in the FBI crosshairs too. Shit is getting real.

All the Best,
Artis

South Carolina yes. No rumors,nothing on KU down here. Gatto had no affiliation with KU. Self runs a pretty good ship. Be surprised. UCLA?
ictjay

Postby Bluejay Rey » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:30 pm

blueblood wrote:I see your point I just see them all as guilty. Tugs should be banned from college sports.

I will be very disappointed if this ends here. I sure as hell hope we don't hear well thats that now back to normal. Louisville is already looking for a coach and says it will make it happen soon. Thats bullshit.

Shouldn't Tugs eligibility be essentially exhausted. Can't be an ametuer athlete if getting paid to play.
Never trust a big butt and a smile.
Bluejay Rey

Postby LynchMob » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:05 pm

ictjay wrote:
Artis Gilmore wrote:Word on the street is Kansas, UCLA and South Carolina are in the FBI crosshairs too. Shit is getting real.

All the Best,
Artis

South Carolina yes. No rumors,nothing on KU down here. Gatto had no affiliation with KU. Self runs a pretty good ship. Be surprised. UCLA?

If Adidas is buying Miami players because they're oh-so-valuable to Adidas, there is no way in hell they aren't buying Kansas players.

UCLA just signed a deal with Under Armour last year, so did South Carolina. OkSU is a Nike school. This is going to end up involving all three show companies and tons of major programs before it's over.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting