2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (Louisville Commit)

Postby WBR Tom » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:18 pm

Another excerpt from the indictment, offering a rare glimpse into the world of AAU coaches, shoe company reps, and agents in steering recruits where it's beneficial to them, rather than the recruit:

I mean, in the abstract everyone kinda sorta knew this went on. It's not exactly a news flash. But seeing the payoff game spelled out so bluntly kind of pisses me off. "Don't meet with the recruit because they don't know the business or understand the process. Meet with the handler...the guy making the decision. The kids 90% of the time ain't making their own decisions."
WBR Tom

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:39 pm

“Because this affidavit is being submitted for the limited purpose of establishing probable cause, it does not include all of the facts that I have learned during the court of the investigation.”

“Our investigation is ongoing,” FBI assistant director Bill Sweeney warned. “And we are currently conducting interviews.”

“If you yourself engaged in these activities, I’d encourage you to call us,” said Kim, the Acting U.S. Attorney. “I think it’s better than us calling you.”

This is going to get ugly.
TrueBlueJay

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:52 pm

This is going to be Good.
I'll be breakin' out the Spicy Nachos and cheese, with Extra hot salsa.
Shaking up daily batches of (French) 75 cocktails to chase with.

The Best in sports entertainment. Now if only ESPN was involved - icing on the cake.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby ZMagic30 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:56 pm

Not surprising that Adidas had to pay people to wear their ugly gear
ZMagic30

Postby jay4life » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:20 pm

ZMagic30 wrote:Not surprising that Adidas had to pay people to wear their ugly gear

Heard in my office today( but unfortunately I did not come up with it).

" Already agreed Tim Miles is safe…he has to buy their shoes; no one is giving that team any shoes…" :D
jay4life

Postby D Jay Fan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:39 pm

[quote="Polyfro"]Apparently the Tugs stuff is *on tape* :o

I believe in our staff and Creighton on a whole. But if they were recording Bowen, they were recording CU. I hope we get the Good Housekeeping seal of approval.
D Jay Fan

Postby LynchMob » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:42 pm

D Jay Fan wrote:
Polyfro wrote:Apparently the Tugs stuff is *on tape* :o

I believe in our staff and Creighton on a whole. But if they were recording Bowen, they were recording CU. I hope we get the Good Housekeeping seal of approval.

Much more likely that the wiretap was on the dirty coaches and shoe company employees (one of whom has been arrested) than a high school kid's phone.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby ZMagic30 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:43 pm

My understanding is that they were recording Louisville/adidas. Not that I think the Jays coaching staff have anything to worry about
ZMagic30

Postby Jaysker12 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:44 pm

For the lawyers of the board, how is the FBI able to exercise this jurisdiction over the NCAA? Is the NCAA a recipient of federal funding? Where does the government find its way into this investigation and turn NCAA regulations/amateurism laws into federal crimes? I'm asking only because I do not know, as I feel this is a long overdue exposure of these practices
Jaysker12

Postby D Jay Fan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:55 pm

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basket ... -companies

Ever seen the 30 for 30 on Sonny Vacario who was the longtime Nike rep that started many of the perks which are standard today. It was pretty good. He is big into the anti-trust efforts of O Bannon and ilk.
D Jay Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting