2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (South Carolina Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 SF Brian "Tugs" Bowen (Louisville Commit)

Postby ictjay » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:27 am

Duke1Agn wrote:Pitino got off easy (suspended first 5 ACC games), but Louisville deservedly hit hard. Likely have to vacate their 2013 national title, reduction in scholarships, and 4 years probation, meaning Bowen will never have a chance to play in the NCAA tournament. Ouch.

Where did you get this info?
ictjay

Postby ictjay » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:29 am

Banned from postseason and probation are 2 different things.
ictjay

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:31 am

Yes, looks like I may be incorrect. I assumed 4 years of probation meant postseason ban. Otherwise I have no idea what the probation does.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

Postby ictjay » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:33 am

Duke1Agn wrote:Yes, looks like I may be incorrect. I assumed 4 years of probation meant postseason ban. Otherwise I have no idea what the probation does.

No problem. Means you eff up again the penalties will be more dramatic.
ictjay

Postby Eye of the Jay » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:33 am

Probation doesn't equal postseason ban. Have 4 scholarship reduction though during probation. Won't affect Tugs as I think he's gone after a year. Why he would go to a school under investigation for some morally wrong things is beyond me but he'll still get a shot at march madness.
Eye of the Jay

Postby mredle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:47 am

vivid_dude wrote:
Duke1Agn wrote:Pitino got off easy (suspended first 5 ACC games), but Louisville deservedly hit hard. Likely have to vacate their 2013 national title, reduction in scholarships, and 4 years probation, meaning Bowen will never have a chance to play in the NCAA tournament. Ouch.

Edit: nevermind

I was a victim of #fakenews

But was it information? :D
mredle

Postby BlueJay_Slim » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Eye of the Jay wrote:Probation doesn't equal postseason ban. Have 4 scholarship reduction though during probation. Won't affect Tugs as I think he's gone after a year. Why he would go to a school under investigation for some morally wrong things is beyond me but he'll still get a shot at march madness.

Nope, self-imposed ban from all post-season play for next season. If he's going to be one and done, he'll have to impress in the regular ACC season.
BlueJay_Slim

Postby Jet915 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:38 pm

BlueJay_Slim wrote:
Eye of the Jay wrote:Probation doesn't equal postseason ban. Have 4 scholarship reduction though during probation. Won't affect Tugs as I think he's gone after a year. Why he would go to a school under investigation for some morally wrong things is beyond me but he'll still get a shot at march madness.

Nope, self-imposed ban from all post-season play for next season. If he's going to be one and done, he'll have to impress in the regular ACC season.

Where do u see this?
Jet915

Postby Jays26 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:46 pm

BlueJay_Slim wrote:

I think that was when the school reported the issues they put themselves on the one yr ban but that was a year or two ago.
Jays26

Postby bleedblue » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:47 pm

BlueJay_Slim wrote:

Postseason ban was self-imposed 2 years ago. Louisville will be able to play in the tournament this season
bleedblue

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting