2021 F/G Jaylon Tyson (Texas Tech Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

2021 F/G Jaylon Tyson (Texas Tech Commit)

Postby hilltopalum » Tue May 05, 2020 10:28 am

ripping Vivid's post to start a new thread on a player I think they Jays will be going after hard

Jaylon Tyson, 6'6" wing player from Plano, Texas, offered by Creighton - per his Twitter account.

107th ranked at Rivals
Great athlete, big scorer.
Solid hype video: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12043129/5 ... 0ab850ba7d
Nice description of his game here: https://n.rivals.com/news/introducing-t ... ylon-tyson
Last edited by hilltopalum on Wed May 20, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hilltopalum

Re: 2021 F/G Jaylon Tyson (Offered)

Postby Chicagojayfan » Tue May 05, 2020 1:48 pm

hilltopalum wrote:ripping Vivid's post to start a new thread on a player I think they Jays will be going after hard

Jaylon Tyson, 6'6" wing player from Plano, Texas, offered by Creighton - per his Twitter account.

107th ranked at Rivals
Great athlete, big scorer.
Solid hype video: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12043129/5 ... 0ab850ba7d
Nice description of his game here: https://n.rivals.com/news/introducing-t ... ylon-tyson

thanks for all the updates!

Is he a Rencher recruit? I like that we're recruiting down into Texas now.
Chicagojayfan

Re: 2021 F/G Jaylon Tyson (Offered)

Postby vivid_dude » Tue May 19, 2020 8:42 pm

Committed to Texas Tech.
vivid_dude

Re: 2021 F/G Jaylon Tyson (Texas Tech Commit)

Postby hilltopalum » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:36 pm

Bump. Just landed in the portal.

Recruited hard out of high school by Creighton prior to landing both Kaluma and Alexander, but there will be minutes on the wing next year following Hawkins and O'Connell's departure. While at TCU Coach Miller also was recruiting Jaylon. I am sure we will reach out.
hilltopalum

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:16 am

"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby bleedblue » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:28 am

I believe we have 1 scholly open for next year currently that would be filled by a big man. However it's probable we lose one or 2 guys to the portal as well
bleedblue

Postby Bluejays4ever » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:02 pm

Not naive enough to believe we don’t lose anyone to the portal, but curious who people think may enter the portal.
Bluejays4ever

Postby ZMagic30 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:13 pm

My first guess would be Kancleris. Before Rati really came on in the last few games, I was wondering if he might end up transferring. Honestly, at the end of the day, I’m not sure that I see the Jays taking a wing in the transfer portal. Another grad transfer big? I could see that. But the wing spot is the most crowded spot on the roster at this point, and I highly doubt any of the 2, 3, or small ball 4’s end up transferring.
ZMagic30

Postby Jet915 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:24 pm

ZMagic30 wrote:My first guess would be Kancleris. Before Rati really came on in the last few games, I was wondering if he might end up transferring. Honestly, at the end of the day, I’m not sure that I see the Jays taking a wing in the transfer portal. Another grad transfer big? I could see that. But the wing spot is the most crowded spot on the roster at this point, and I highly doubt any of the 2, 3, or small ball 4’s end up transferring.

I agree about Kancleris. I think we need a scoring wing though, maybe Trey will take the jump but it would be nice to have a go to scorer, not sure Tyson is the guy (although I'm sure we would take him). Hopefully Kaluma and Miller can man the 4 next year. As others have said we need another big to replace Feazell for sure.
Jet915

Postby JacobPadilla » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:12 am

ZMagic30 wrote:My first guess would be Kancleris. Before Rati really came on in the last few games, I was wondering if he might end up transferring. Honestly, at the end of the day, I’m not sure that I see the Jays taking a wing in the transfer portal. Another grad transfer big? I could see that. But the wing spot is the most crowded spot on the roster at this point, and I highly doubt any of the 2, 3, or small ball 4’s end up transferring.

Rati is a perfect example of why it's kind of a waste of time at this point to try to project future attrition in a lot of cases. It was always ridiculous to write him off in the first few weeks coming off a major knee injury.

FWIW, here' the roster breakdown for next season.

PG: Ryan Nembhard, Shereef Mitchell, Rati Andronkikashvili, Ben Shtolzberg
G: Trey Alexander, John Christofilis
F: Arthur Kaluma, Mason Miller, Modestas Kancleris, Jasen Green
C: Ryan Kalkbrenner

Obviously they need another center. They're stacked at point guard. Beyond that, they have a lot of guards overall and forwards, but they're short on true wings (which is the case this year as well considering O'Connell is really the only true wing on the roster). If they do lose anybody — either a guard or a forward — I'd probably target a true wing to add more versatility to the roster. As things stand, they will have the option of going big (like they are now with Hawkins and Kaluma) or going small (like they do with Nembhard, Mitchell/Andronikashvili and Alexander). If Miller ends up being more of a 3 than a 4, that would change the calculus slightly, but we'll have to see how he develops during his redshirt year.
JacobPadilla

Next

Return to Recruiting