2017 PG Tremont Waters (LSU Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 PG Tremont Waters (Offered)

Postby WBR Tom » Tue May 30, 2017 2:37 pm

No one will go on the record (and understandably so), but I was told over the weekend that the Big East either ruled against CU in their appeal, or said the rule was going to stand as is (meaning it would need to be changed/reworded in order for CU to prevail). It wasn't clear to me. Either way the result is the same, and Waters cannot sign with CU.

Maybe he would have ended up at LSU regardless, but it's a moot point. Or a mute point, as the ol' legit media source adage goes...
WBR Tom

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Tue May 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Polyfro wrote:No one will go on the record (and understandably so), but I was told over the weekend that the Big East either ruled against CU in their appeal, or said the rule was going to stand as is (meaning it would need to be changed/reworded in order for CU to prevail). It wasn't clear to me. Either way the result is the same, and Waters cannot sign with CU.

Maybe he would have ended up at LSU regardless, but it's a moot point. Or a mute point, as the ol' legit media source adage goes...

But that can't be. Gitmo posted this last week:

Gitmo wrote:If Tremont comes to Creighton, he's eligible and will play.

http://www.nationalletter.org/
http://www.nationalletter.org/documentL ... 016-17.pdf

NLI are binding letters between the NLI Organization, a student, and the member schools. Conferences have no say in the NLI dealings, outcomes, nor guidelines. A conference may not, just as member schools may not, add conditions onto a National Letter of Intent. Conferences are outsider entities, not members within the NLI structure.

A conference has no grounds legally to add conditions onto a student's NLI status, as the NLI Organization forbids any additions and conditions onto an NLI, both prior to signing and after, and to releases from NLI's..

from the NLI Guide:
" Release Request: A request for release must be initiated by the NLI signee by submitting the NLI Release Request online.

An institution may release a signee from his or her NLI obligation by selecting the “Complete Release” option on the NLI Release Request. It is the institution’s discretion to grant a release or not.

The NLI release is not the same as NCAA permission to contact (e.g., releases cannot include conditions to be released to specific institutions). "

This, my friends...is Information. ;)

Didn't the school and / or conference check with him before "ruling" on whatever request was made?
Outlaw_Wales

Postby vivid_dude » Tue May 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Onward and upward.

Sign the Louisiana kids and Bowen; insist that Toby Hegner pay for his own tuition, and we are all set. Piece of cake.

I wonder if Creighton might be recruiting any international prospects that aren't on the radar of your average fan? Martin Krampelj came out of nowhere. With two scholarships to fill and the choices dwindling, this wouldn't surprise me.
vivid_dude

Postby BoarCommaThe » Tue May 30, 2017 3:13 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Onward and upward.

Sign the Louisiana kids and Bowen; insist that Toby Hegner pay for his own tuition, and we are all set. Piece of cake.

I wonder if Creighton might be recruiting any international prospects that aren't on the radar of your average fan? Martin Krampelj came out of nowhere. With two scholarships to fill and the choices dwindling, this wouldn't surprise me.

Martin was playing over in the states before he signed here I believe.
You can't chase the night - World Wide Wes

Picture me Rollin - Tupac Shakur
BoarCommaThe

Postby Realhoops » Tue May 30, 2017 3:41 pm

I know this was somewhat tongue in cheek. But no way do you "make" Toby pay his own way. That kid has earned his scholarship.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue May 30, 2017 11:15 pm

Realhoops wrote:

I know this was somewhat tongue in cheek. But no way do you "make" Toby pay his own way. That kid has earned his scholarship.

It may be somewhat tongue in cheek, but is a good fallback option to have, just in case we get lucky. Toby just picked up his degree and scholies are 1 year at a time deals. He spent 4 years and got his degree on a free ride...Great. Coach will probably use the option if necessary.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Altman's Advisor » Tue May 30, 2017 11:29 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:It may be somewhat tongue in cheek, but is a good fallback option to have, just in case we get lucky. Toby just picked up his degree and scholies are 1 year at a time deals. He spent 4 years and got his degree on a free ride...Great. Coach will probably use the option if necessary.

No.
Altman's Advisor

Postby cujaysfan » Tue May 30, 2017 11:42 pm

in the mind of the delusional dipshit - it's an option.
cujaysfan

Postby vivid_dude » Wed May 31, 2017 12:36 am

Definitely tongue in cheek. I regret that somebody took it seriously.
vivid_dude

Postby hilltopalum » Wed May 31, 2017 8:42 am

gtmoBlue wrote:It may be somewhat tongue in cheek, but is a good fallback option to have, just in case we get lucky. Toby just picked up his degree and scholies are 1 year at a time deals. He spent 4 years and got his degree on a free ride...Great. Coach will probably use the option if necessary.

- Doug walking on was kinda-like cheating
- Geoff walking on was kinda-like Geoff cheating
- Toby walking on would be like cheating Toby
hilltopalum

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting