2017 PG Tremont Waters (LSU Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Tremont Waters

Postby Angry Dan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:12 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:
Oldfan wrote:If we lose recruiting battles to Grand Canyon and Western Kentucky, our staff needs to take a hard look in the mirror.

Have you seen our recruiting class? Love this board.

Top 15 class, I'll take that every year
Angry Dan

Postby WBR Tom » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:05 am

It's the best ranked recruiting class in school history, or at worst among the top two or three. If the coaching staff is looking in the mirror, I hope it's to congratulate themselves because they did a helluva job.

If people want to harp on a couple of negatives instead of the overwhelming number of positives, be my guest, but I'm not joining in that chorus.
WBR Tom

Postby Jays26 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:31 am

Oldfan wrote:If we lose recruiting battles to Grand Canyon and Western Kentucky, our staff needs to take a hard look in the mirror.

:roll:
Jays26

Postby mel ott » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:56 am

Polyfro wrote:It's the best ranked recruiting class in school history, or at worst among the top two or three. If the coaching staff is looking in the mirror, I hope it's to congratulate themselves because they did a helluva job.

If people want to harp on a couple of negatives instead of the overwhelming number of positives, be my guest, but I'm not joining in that chorus.

+1
mel ott

Postby jays911 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:08 am

mel ott wrote:
Polyfro wrote:It's the best ranked recruiting class in school history, or at worst among the top two or three. If the coaching staff is looking in the mirror, I hope it's to congratulate themselves because they did a helluva job.

+1

+2
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Re: 2017 PG Tremont Waters (Offered)

Postby fritzpointer » Fri May 05, 2017 10:51 pm

I see West. Ky. picked up a guard transfer today, are we still involved here?
fritzpointer

Postby yeti47 » Sat May 06, 2017 9:31 am

I'm seeing where it's between us and UConn. WKU is out. I'm not gonna ruin this with excitement.
yeti47

Postby dgassman3 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:28 am

yeti47 wrote:I'm seeing where it's between us and UConn. WKU is out. I'm not gonna ruin this with excitement.

Where do you see this? Finding it hard to get news on this kid.
dgassman3

Postby vivid_dude » Mon May 08, 2017 9:59 am

I think this is an early nominee for worst post of the year, a/k/a the "CUFF award."

If we get Waters, which sounds like a possibility, I assume that means the Louisiana kids are out of the picture. If not, we may have the most guard-heavy team ever. So many moving pieces, hard to track what makes sense and what doesn't.

What's ideal in people's minds? Waters, Bowen and the Adelphi (awesome school!) transfer? I'd be really curious where our class ranks if we get Bowen and Waters.
vivid_dude

Postby Ethanfor3 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:23 pm

vivid_dude wrote:

I think this is an early nominee for worst post of the year, a/k/a the "CUFF award."

If we get Waters, which sounds like a possibility, I assume that means the Louisiana kids are out of the picture. If not, we may have the most guard-heavy team ever. So many moving pieces, hard to track what makes sense and what doesn't.

What's ideal in people's minds? Waters, Bowen and the Adelphi (awesome school!) transfer? I'd be really curious where our class ranks if we get Bowen and Waters.

Just think of what you just wrote...it's mind boggling the work that the staff is getting done this year. When we were in the Mo Valley, would we have ever dared to dream the following:

we've already inked the following:

Jacob Epperson - 4* #75 player in the country, 6'11" Center
Mitch Ballock - 4* #61 player in the country, 6'4" Shooting guard, over offers from Kansas, Indiana and other who's who schools
Tyshon Alexander - 4* #81 player in the country, 6'3" Shooting guard
Manny Suarez - 6'10" transfer to hold down the fort created by losing our prized freshman to the NBA draft as a likely near lottery pick

Now we're greedy, we have a realistic shot at:

Tremont Waters - 4* #37 player in the country, 5'11" point guard
Brian Bowen - 5* #20 player in the country, 6'7" small forward

Many on here are going to grouse if we don't close with the final 2. Don't count me as one of them as this class offers a great foundation for years to come with or without Bowen and Waters. Getting Ballock, Epperson and Alexander will be a great backbone for the 2018 - 19 Jays and beyond as they likely won't be one and done guys. Now the staff can cherry pick and put the right pieces around them for the future.

In an ideal world, we close on Waters and Bowen over Jarreau and Gresham as I don't think Gresham offers much and we already have a good guard corps waiting in the wings.

It's a great time to be a Jay with or without the last 2 big fish on our list.
Ethanfor3

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting