2017 PG Tremont Waters (LSU Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Tremont Waters

Postby Jays26 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:14 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:i don't think HH understands PR

united is within their rights to boot anyone from their flights that they see fit

the resulting sh*t storm is the consequence

I don't think you understand how this situation works. Georgetown isn't prohibiting him from doing anything. We could easily say we're fine with him going to Creighton, but that wouldn't allow him to go to Creighton. This is not a case of Georgetown holding the solution and preventing him out of spite. There's nothing Georgetown can do that would allow him to go to Creighton as the rule is written.

He couldn't claim Georgetown is preventing him to play at Creighton because we're not. There would be no PR problem.

And obviously I would hate to see him play at another BE school. That's exactly why the rule was put in place by the conference.

HH is correct on this part. It's not a GT rule but a BE rule. Now I am going to assume the coaches have an out on this.
Jays26

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Kolder Fan wrote:This was quoted in an article from a month ago on ESPN.com - "Waters made a verbal commitment to the Hoyas in October, but there was widespread speculation about whether he signed a national letter of intent during November's early signing period when the university failed to announce it."

It states further into the article that his dad stated he did in fact sign a letter of intent, but perhaps there is something to this? Why else would Georgetown not announce that the NLI was signed?

No he definitely signed.

1) Here's a clip of JT3 talking about him after he signed his NLI http://player.tout.com/tout/7p5xay. You can't talk about recruits until they sign one.
2) We wouldn't have had to release him if he hadn't signed a NLI. He asked for a release from his NLI so obviously he signed one.
hoyahooligan

Postby Old MVC Days » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Clearly he signed an NLI. Creighton staff knows I'm sure of any rule. So there must be an out or reasoning as to why the rule doesn't apply to Waters. Move on with your day, HoyaHooligan. He isn't going to come to Creighton anyway, calm down.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby hilltopalum » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:52 pm

hilltopalum

Postby Dundee Hipster » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:01 pm

Some positive recruiting signs today boys. Hope I'm not getting my hopes up but I think we're 50/50 with Waters and Bowen. Damn, imagine that class. Bowen, Waters, Ballock, Alexander and Epperson. Pretty guard heavy though. Our experienced bigs would be Toby and Krampelj...
Dundee Hipster

Postby Jaysker12 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:12 pm

hate to be blunt but this is a big warning sign to me that the coaches think we don't have a starter quality pg on the roster. If that wasn't the case why recruit him?
Jaysker12

Postby #RollJays » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:hate to be blunt but this is a big warning sign to me that the coaches think we don't have a starter quality pg on the roster. If that wasn't the case why recruit him?

Probably something to do with being a top 40 player...
#RollJays

Postby mredle » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Dundee Hipster wrote:Some positive recruiting signs today boys. Hope I'm not getting my hopes up but I think we're 50/50 with Waters and Bowen. Damn, imagine that class. Bowen, Waters, Ballock, Alexander and Epperson. Pretty guard heavy though. Our experienced bigs would be Toby and Krampelj...

"... and the always ubiquitous Ronnie Harrell.""
mredle

Postby Duke1Agn » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:20 pm

I don't think it says anything about how the coaches feel about Mintz and Joseph. It says there is a top 35 player available and interested, and you try to get the best players you can.
"Feed him 'til he burps" - Doug Gottlieb on Doug McDermott.
Duke1Agn

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting