DeSean Murray (Transfer) Presbyterian

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: DeSean Murray (Transfer) Presbyterian

Postby cujaysfan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:49 pm

i remember a lot of talk at the time that justin should have been playing the three - but we had to have him at the four out of necessity

and just looking at the numbers - JC was a better shooter than murray

not sure what to think about a 6'5 guy that doesn't look like he can stick shots very well...
cujaysfan

Postby Trifecta » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:25 pm

I'll reserve judgement until I see him (if he comes) since I haven't seen him play. But I still think we are better suited to focus our efforts on a post player...a center or a "true" 4, not a stretch 4.
Trifecta

Postby JayPak » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:29 am

Need a grad transfer 5 who is huge and can rebound and defend, like a Carson Derosiers from Providence.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby creightonotter » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:56 pm

JayPak wrote:Need a grad transfer 5 who is huge and can rebound and defend, like a Carson Derosiers from Providence.

Are sweet bangs like Derosiers' a must, too?
creightonotter

Postby JayPak » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:56 pm

creightonotter wrote:
JayPak wrote:Need a grad transfer 5 who is huge and can rebound and defend, like a Carson Derosiers from Providence.

Are sweet bangs like Derosiers' a must, too?

Only if he's banging the ball off the backboard into the hoop.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Dundee Hipster » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:39 pm

LJay wrote:Sounds like a solid Mo Valley 4. Hard to see how a 6'5 beefy dude who doesn't shoot well fits in against power league front lines. No mention of his skills on D.

You have got to be kidding me with this. Murray averaged 20.2 ppg. I don't care what level of college ball that is, it's impressive.

He had a double-double against Marquette. Granted, he did shoot 21 times. He was consistently in the 20's all year long. I want a guy on this team that isn't known as a shooter and instead known as a tough dude who can grab boards. We desperately need it. The same people criticizing this potential transfer are the same people who bitch the most after a loss. Losses that involve giving up rebounds as a key contributor to the loss.
Dundee Hipster

Postby CU4LIFE » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:56 pm

Charles Barkley was 6'6 and average 9 reb along with 12-15 pts per game at Auburn. Murray has that same style of play down low. We need some more toughness! Be a Jay DeSean!!!
CU4LIFE

Postby LJay » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:02 pm

Dundee Hipster wrote:
LJay wrote:Sounds like a solid Mo Valley 4. Hard to see how a 6'5 beefy dude who doesn't shoot well fits in against power league front lines. No mention of his skills on D.

You have got to be kidding me with this. Murray averaged 20.2 ppg. I don't care what level of college ball that is, it's impressive.

He had a double-double against Marquette. Granted, he did shoot 21 times. He was consistently in the 20's all year long. I want a guy on this team that isn't known as a shooter and instead known as a tough dude who can grab boards. We desperately need it. The same people criticizing this potential transfer are the same people who bitch the most after a loss. Losses that involve giving up rebounds as a key contributor to the loss.

Um okay, 5 days after the post. Good shootin' Tex. Welcome to the board.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby BostonBlueJay » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:25 pm

Trifecta wrote:I'll reserve judgement until I see him (if he comes) since I haven't seen him play. But I still think we are better suited to focus our efforts on a post player...a center or a "true" 4, not a stretch 4.

Can't argue there. We could us the post help for next season....but ESPECIALLY the year after.
BostonBlueJay

Postby BostonBlueJay » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:44 pm

CU4LIFE wrote:After watching some film of him, he reminds me a lot like Justin Carter. Undersized 4, but tough inside on the boards and able to get to the rim and finish. Nice mid-range shot with a year off to develop more of an outside game could make a huge difference. Hope we land DeSean, would love the addition!

His style of play reminds me of Roosevelt Jones--I know that's a hefty praise--I just think his style is similar. I was always amazed (frustratingly I might add) at how Roosevelt would go pounding inside like a bull in a china shop but get shots off, scrap for a rebound, etc.

Murray is 6'5" 220 lbs
Jones is 6'4" 225 lbs
BostonBlueJay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting