Transfers 2016

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Transfers 2016

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:20 pm

Thought I'd start a thread to keep up on guys around the country who are transferring. We have a thread on DeSean Murray. Today, Kale Abrahamsson of Drake announced he's transferring. He'd be eligible right away. Had 41 in a game this year. I remember we recruited him out of HS
bluejayfan00

Re: Transfers 2016

Postby JayPharmAlum » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:50 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:Thought I'd start a thread to keep up on guys around the country who are transferring. We have a thread on DeSean Murray. Today, Kale Abrahamsson of Drake announced he's transferring. He'd be eligible right away. Had 41 in a game this year. I remember we recruited him out of HS

Drake fans hated his attitude and it sounds like he got benched at the end of the year on a very very bad team. I can't imagine we would be interested.
JayPharmAlum

Postby jaysbanker » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:55 pm

JayPharmAlum wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:Thought I'd start a thread to keep up on guys around the country who are transferring. We have a thread on DeSean Murray. Today, Kale Abrahamsson of Drake announced he's transferring. He'd be eligible right away. Had 41 in a game this year. I remember we recruited him out of HS

Drake fans hated his attitude and it sounds like he got benched at the end of the year on a very very bad team. I can't imagine we would be interested.

Yeah, heard his attitude is a D+ at best...
jaysbanker

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:57 pm

couldn't cut it at Northwestern. Sad!

cujaysfan

Postby hilltopalum » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:06 pm

The 2016 'sell our soul' transfer would be Mizzou Wes Clark. PG avg'd good numbers for Tigers, was recruited hard by Mac and Co, and is from Murphy's neck of the woods. Clark kicked off the team for academic reasons in Feb. Mizzou is a trainwreck too, gives me hope Kevin Puryear ends up leaving for green'er pastures.
hilltopalum

Postby Bluejay Bilas » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:06 pm

To expand on the above, we recruited him when we were in the Valley. He was underwhelming at Northwestern for 2 years, and I suspect that Collins was unopposed to his decision to leave. Drake was terrible this year and his stats aren't eye popping, especially his Valley stats. We have no real need at his position, which I gather is the 3 or 4. Is he better than Huff, Krampelj, Harrell, Tazz or even Hegner? I don't think so. Anyway, I'd take him as a walk-on, but that's it. If we're going the graduate transfer route we should be filling an actual need and/or getting someone who is better than some of our current players.

Reminder:
1. Mintz is taking Milliken's scholarship. Groselle, the only other Senior, was a walk-on.
2. There is very strong speculation that one of our current guys will be gone, so we likely will have an open spot for someone preferably at the 1 or the 5.
3. Will there be another open scholarship this Spring? Seems like there has been talk of that (two transfers out or one guy continuing the recent Senior walk-on "tradition"). But even then, can't see Kale Abrahamson doing much of anything to help our team win games. He's not a Kreklow.
Bluejay Bilas

Postby Dundee Hipster » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:52 pm

Bluejay Bilas wrote:He's not a Kreklow.

God bless that man.
Dundee Hipster

Postby Oldfan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:22 pm

Not sure if he's any good, but a guard is transferring from New Mexico and has 2 years to play. He apparently is graduating this spring. Can a grad transfer be eligible immediately and play 2 years?
Oldfan

Postby BostonBlueJay » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:54 pm

Oldfan wrote:Not sure if he's any good, but a guard is transferring from New Mexico and has 2 years to play. He apparently is graduating this spring. Can a grad transfer be eligible immediately and play 2 years?

Graduate transfers can play right away. But do you really believe we need a guard?

2016-17

Watson, PG-Sr,
FOSTER, G-RS Jr, (who I can't wait to see)
Albert,G-Sr
Zierden, SG-Sr.
Khyri, G/F?-Soph
Clement, G-Jr
Harrell G/F-Soph

How are you going to get minutes for all of those even without adding a graduate transfer at guard?

I'd like to see our starting guards next year be Watson at the point, and Foster at the 2 with Albert, Khyri & Zierden the top backups. I'd like to see Harrell get more time at the 3...maybe Khyri there as well?
BostonBlueJay

Postby Oldfan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:05 pm

I don't know what the coaches are after, that's why I asked the question. After looking deeper, he's the coach's kid and was subject to threats, including death threats, over his poor play. He is immediately available and has 2 yrs. I doubt we are interested, but who knows. I think a PG and big body 4 or 5 are more important.
Oldfan

Next

Return to Recruiting