2016 PG Cane Broome (Cincinnati Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 PG Cane Broome (Transfer)

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Of course I am speculating...everything in this thread is mere speculation. If you had bothered to look past Who was speaking in the post you might have seen the words "may be" and "probably be"...in those speculative comments. lol Everyone is giving opinion-that was mine.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Panhandle Jay » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:45 pm

White&BlueDude wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfn0tuPL4LM

^ Link to a 39 point performance against Fairleigh Dickinson.

Watched a few other of their games and Broome is an interesting guy to watch.

Offensively, he's got great acceleration and agility with decent speed. He relies on a lot of changes of direction and crossovers and plays the pick and roll game very well. His arsenal consists of a variety of layups, a mid-range floater, and the 3 point shot. He's shooting stroke is a little wonky mechanically but he's got a nice, quick release.

Defensively, it's hard to say how he'll play in the Big East. Though he's athletic, he's pretty skinny and will need that transfer to bulk up a bit.

Hmmm. Honestly, he's a little lankier/taller than I imagined him looking on the court. Would be a good pick-up I think.

I just wish there was a bigger guy 6'6 + out there with the same risk-reward as Broome.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby flyerlax06 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:08 am

Broome plans to visit Cincinnati and Creighton in the next two weeks.
flyerlax06

Postby ictjay » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:43 am

HandDownManDown wrote:I will cone out and say it.

Don't really want a score first undersized PG with turnover issues - and one who will be on scholarship for three years to get two years of production.

Pass.

Agree with this. Mo's pass first mentality opened things up for himself. When he was forced to get his own shot from the perimeter, it usually got stuffed. This is a shoot first recruit who will have a difficult time navigating the length of the BE.
ictjay

Postby jayball » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:31 am

ictjay wrote:

Don't really want a score first undersized PG with turnover issues - and one who will be on scholarship for three years to get two years of production.

Pass.

Agree with this. Mo's pass first mentality opened things up for himself. When he was forced to get his own shot from the perimeter, it usually got stuffed. This is a shoot first recruit who will have a difficult time navigating the length of the BE.

says the guy who lives in Wichita and has seen Cane play........on an internet video clip?

I have no idea if he is the right guy. insurance at PG seems like a good idea. His numbers and other suitors make him worth looking at to me.
jayball

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:02 am

Jet915

Postby ictjay » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:13 pm

jayball wrote:
ictjay wrote:

Pass.

says the guy who lives in Wichita and has seen Cane play........on an internet video clip?

I have no idea if he is the right guy. insurance at PG seems like a good idea. His numbers and other suitors make him worth looking at to me.

Your lucky I didn't bring out the BE is a "Big Physical Guard League". LOL
ictjay

Postby Panhandle Jay » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:46 pm

He's taken an unofficial to Providence and will to us and Cincinnati sounds like.

Oh, nevermind. It was said earlier.
NCAA Tournament appearances
Creighton: 23
UNL: 7
Panhandle Jay

Postby TBC Alum » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:54 pm

but Cane wants to go somewhere he can play,” Sam Broome said. “He wants to be the first player to earn player of the year in two conferences.

Jet, you let this go by without comment?
TBC Alum

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting