2016 PG Cane Broome (Cincinnati Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2016 PG Cane Broome (Transfer)

Postby Creigh_All_Day » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:32 am

Eye of the Jay wrote:Don't know why there's not more enthusiasm on this board for Broome. Look the NEC is definitely not the Big East and his turnover/3pt percentages may not be the greatest, but the kid can score. I would love to have him as part of the Jays and think of what he'll be able to learn in that year off from Mo, Malik, and Marcus. I'd also venture to say that the NEC is definitely a step up from JUCO. This kid can play and I hope he comes to Creighton because I think 2017-18 has the promise to be special just like 2016-17 with a few different faces.

Any word on when his visit is? I know it's this week, but what day?

There might be a lack of enthusiasm because there is not much out there on him. He has only played against two relevant teams in his collegiate career.

UConn (7 points, 2 assists)
Ohio State (8 points, 1 assist)

Hopefully our staff has done their due diligence and think he's the right fit.
Creigh_All_Day

Postby CU4LIFE » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:47 pm

Creigh_All_Day wrote:
There might be a lack of enthusiasm because there is not much out there on him. He has only played against two relevant teams in his collegiate career.

@ Ohio State game was as a freshmen.....
@ UCONN Cane was averaging 23 pts per game coming in and I'm sure was the focal point of the defense and looks to had an off shooting night.

But he also had 26 pts vs. (B1G) Northwestern (20-12) and Yale (23-7 tournament team) 32 pts this year on the road....Cane can score, his size is the only factor that scares him from big-time schools just like Mo.
CU4LIFE

Postby Creigh_All_Day » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:56 pm

CU4LIFE wrote:
Creigh_All_Day wrote:

@ Ohio State game was as a freshmen.....
@ UCONN Cane was averaging 23 pts per game coming in and I'm sure was the focal point of the defense and looks to had an off shooting night.

But he also had 26 pts vs. (B1G) Northwestern (20-12) and Yale (23-7 tournament team) 32 pts this year on the road....Cane can score, his size is the only factor that scares him from big-time schools just like Mo.

Cane was ranked the #136 PG and had a one star coming out of high school. He's tacked on two years in the Northeast Conference. We know his measurements and stats, and have seen highlight reels on him. That is pretty much it. That is probably where some of the lack of enthusiasm stems from. If anyone scouted and followed the Northeast Conference the past two years and has more info on him that would be great. I am not saying we shouldn't sign the kid. If we do sign him, I trust our staff feels he can contribute to our team and compete in the Big East. Like someone said before, hopefully he is dropping schools and not the other way around.
Creigh_All_Day

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:30 pm

section202jay wrote:I too would be excited if he committed. He'd be a good option for the "backup" point guard come 2017-18. Be a Jay, Broome!

I fixed your post.
@Mintzy_10 will be starting.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:25 pm

Eye of the Jay wrote:Don't know why there's not more enthusiasm on this board for Broome.

(1) 9 pages on the thread.
(2) we're watching the NCAA, kind of focused on Villanova.
(3) we like Davion Mintz a LOT.

We need another point guard for 2017, don't care who's 1 and 2, that's up to the coaches.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby Jet915 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:53 pm

Jet915

Postby Eye of the Jay » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:50 pm

Sounds like a really humble young man and family. He will definitely fit in well at Creighton. I'm sure Mo could offer him some insight on handling that transfer year where all you want to do is help your team out but can't.

Just have to seal the deal and then hope him and Coach Mac and staff both put in work to make him a solid BE point guard.
Eye of the Jay

Postby BostonBlueJay » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:29 am

LJay wrote:The coaches are interested so I'm good with that. That said, I too raise an eyebrow about a kid with more TO's than assists in the NEC.

Well, when I think of Sacred Heart and their level of play/competition, I don't think of "well-rounded". I'll go on record that I didn't see Broome play, but perhaps his high TO's are partly down to him NEEDING to be "the guy", trying too much; forcing something that was not there??

For all his fantastic play, we've see Mo try to do a little too much at times and get a little sloppy with the ball and give it away, so for that, I don't see my theory being entirely wrong.
BostonBlueJay

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:11 pm

A lot of Mo's TOs were the result of having to do things when the other options are limited. With Marcus on board, and Cole healthy, Mo's TOs will drop and his assists will increase. No doubt Cane had to carry his team at SH, but I trust the coaches' judgment that he will fit in here just fine.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby BufordISking » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:13 pm

This would be a decent pick up considering we won't have a PG after next year. I guess we would Tyler Clement :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Civic Auditorium section 34.
BufordISking

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting