2017 Recruiting - Overview thread

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: 2017 Recruiting - Overview thread

Postby BufordISking » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:36 pm

LJay wrote:Honest question: do you go to the games / live in Omaha? Patton has added a lot of weight and his base is far advanced versus his upper body but even that is way better than 12 months ago. He'll never be GE ( few are) but he can reach the Groselle size. 7' and 245 wasn't big for GG. He had toughness though and I can't answer that question for JP.

Krampelj had obvious offensive and rebounding skills in his few outings but his defense was bad. The coaches no doubt have let him know how he'll see time next year.

Hegner is a big question mark. I'm thinking his injuries caused his sophomore slump but we'll see. He will always be a 4 with the ability to chip in 5 minutes at the 5 when needed.

Thompson, who knows. He seems to be a 4/5 like Artino. Hopefully he is more talented.

I actually live in North Carolina and watch every game. I moved here 10 years ago when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg. I keep up with the team daily. I know all of these things you stated above. I would just like to see the Jays have a bigger beefier guy down low. I hope you don't think I am taking anything away from the above players abilities, I just think we need a big bruiser down low. Even if the guy just gets rebounds and doesn't score. If I am not mistaken I believe we got tagged a lot on the offensive glass last year.
Civic Auditorium section 34.
BufordISking

Postby jln » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:21 pm

BufordISking wrote:
LJay wrote:Honest question: do you go to the games / live in Omaha? Patton has added a lot of weight and his base is far advanced versus his upper body but even that is way better than 12 months ago. He'll never be GE ( few are) but he can reach the Groselle size. 7' and 245 wasn't big for GG. He had toughness though and I can't answer that question for JP.

Krampelj had obvious offensive and rebounding skills in his few outings but his defense was bad. The coaches no doubt have let him know how he'll see time next year.

Hegner is a big question mark. I'm thinking his injuries caused his sophomore slump but we'll see. He will always be a 4 with the ability to chip in 5 minutes at the 5 when needed.

Thompson, who knows. He seems to be a 4/5 like Artino. Hopefully he is more talented.

I actually live in North Carolina and watch every game. I moved here 10 years ago when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg. I keep up with the team daily. I know all of these things you stated above. I would just like to see the Jays have a bigger beefier guy down low. I hope you don't think I am taking anything away from the above players abilities, I just think we need a big bruiser down low. Even if the guy just gets rebounds and doesn't score. If I am not mistaken I believe we got tagged a lot on the offensive glass last year.

In conference games Creighton had the best defensive rebounding percentage in the Big East.
jln

Postby BufordISking » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:41 pm

jln wrote:
BufordISking wrote:

In conference games Creighton had the best defensive rebounding percentage in the Big East.

That's awesome! Wouldn't it be nice to have a big rebounder and enforcer to give us an extra edge? Look I am a huge Creighton fan and I love all of the guys on the team and the coaching staff. I just think we need a big strong post player. Why is this getting people's panties in a bunch?
Civic Auditorium section 34.
BufordISking

Postby TrueBlueJay » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:56 am

Big Banger!
TrueBlueJay

Postby slaw » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:00 am

ESPN 2017 Rankings

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/baske ... class/2017

We have #52 (Alexander) & #57 (Ballock)

Tugs is #10..who else are we after on the list?
slaw

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:24 am

bluejayfan00

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:46 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/insider/post?id=15738
Anyone have an insider account?

First, for all of the "when will the Doug effect take hold at CU recruiting" questions, here it is. As early as you have to get on many of these recruits, these kids were just starting to hit AAU circuits and getting attention of recruiters when Doug was national POY. That recognition was not wasted as far as recruiting, as some have said. We got very good transfers first, and now the HS kids are following, too, because the incubation period is much longer.

Second, another mention of JP being 7'1"
Savannah Jay

Postby LJay » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:15 pm

I kept looking at JP next to GG during the national anthem lineup and telling TBJ I thought JP was taller than GG. He told me I was full of crap, it was the angle. :D
89 - 60
LJay

Postby JacobPadilla » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:37 pm

I talked to Justin last weekend. After standing next to him, 7'1" certainly sounds about right to me.
JacobPadilla

Postby Jet915 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:10 pm

Scout updated their 2017 rankings, Ballock is #52. Scout is the only major recruiting service that doesn't have Alexander in the top 100.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/2017-basketball-prospects?start=30
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting