Kaleb Joseph (Transfer Commit)

Keep updated on possible future Bluejays.

Return to Recruiting

Re: Kaleb Joseph (Transfer Commit)

Postby WBR Tom » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:24 pm

PorkTornado wrote:So would have Sellers been recruiting him back then?

Good question. I have no idea and to be honest, before those old tweets popped up in my search, I didn't even know they'd offered originally. I wonder if he was one of the guys they offered shortly after joining the Big East when they were scouring the east coast to make connections with AAU programs?
WBR Tom

Postby BufordISking » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:37 pm

I think this is a great pick up for the Jays. I am only worried that with Joseph coming in Mac will refuse to redshirt Mintz and force him to ride the pine getting less minutes than Clement.
Civic Auditorium section 34.
BufordISking

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Joseph has to sit out this coming season, per NCAA rules.
Davion should get good minutes this season. Mo goes 25-28mpg, and it is likely that Malik will split time at the 1 and 2. Davion should get 7-10mpg.

If you RS Davion, then neither 2017 PG has in-game, on the court experience with Mac's system. At S'Cuse, Joseph saw considerable time as a Frosh, but practically nil this past season - and S'Cuse's system is night vs day different from Creighton's system.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby BufordISking » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:07 pm

I hope you are right gtmoBlue. I would hate to see Davion come in and sit the bench all year. I think he has tremendous potential to make an immediate impact.
BufordISking

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:13 pm

Updated OWH article.

After recently announcing that he was going to transfer, Joseph spoke to several coaches at high-level programs, including some in the Big East.
Pastore said he wouldn’t name the other schools who were interested.
“He didn’t want to go through a big recruiting process, so he spoke to a bunch of teams on the phone without going public,” Pastore said. “He came up with the best fit for him.”

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/blog/reports-syracuse-basketball-transfer-lands-at-creighton/article_d47f873c-fff1-11e5-89d0-5ff51de2dd82.html
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:19 pm

Seems like a well-spoken young man w/some highlights. Definitely see some nice athleticism and size for a PG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnHac_yOg70

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnHOOFlrEyA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62-1wOIrVGY
Jet915

Postby jfan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:50 pm

Kaleb had an impressive original offer list including conference mates---MU, Providence, SH and Georgetown!
jfan

Postby ShowMeJay » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:13 am

We seem to be riding a pretty good wave of momentum ever since the Watson commitment. That opened the flood gates for this program to establish itself in the Big East. After Watson came Huff and after him came Foster. Then we get the big 2017 commits of Alexander, Ballock and Hunter S Thompson. Now Joseph. Combine good recruiting with a solid 2015-16 season and we are set up very well heading into 2020-21.

My only remaining concern is the front court. Patton has sky high potential and pretty raw. But beyond that, we have an average Hanson and nothing else. Especially come 2017.
ShowMeJay

Postby BufordISking » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:07 am

Show ME Jay I agree the front court situation worries me. I have noticed that we are going after a 5 star big man, but how realistic is it that he will choose the Jays? We need a big enforcer down low who can grab rebounds and score when neeeded. It is almost as if Mac wants his team to be nothing but shooters. Which would be great if you are hitting your shots, but is not so great when you miss your shots.
BufordISking

Re: Kaleb Joseph *Commit*

Postby drbluejay » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:53 am

bluejayfan00 wrote:6'3 PG commits to Creighton, from Syracuse. Top 50 player out of HS. Sit one, two to play. Weird how minutes after Broome picks UC, we get Joseph. Huge get!

I was under the impression that Kaleb committed before Broome. Are you sure you have your facts right?
drbluejay

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting